In addition to State Troopers, the budget provides raises for public safety personnel at the Department of Corrections, Department of Child Safety, Arizona State Hospital and more, totaling more than 14,400 public employees — about 40 percent of the state workforce.
Hear how these raises are making a difference from Trooper Randi Wybron:
Video of Beyond The Numbers: State Trooper Pay Raises
More on The Arizonar
- Arizona: Governor Ducey Announces Members of Census Committee
- Brandon Herbst Honored With Notable Invitation
- Producer Alon Juwal To Be a Member of the Jerusalem Jewish Film Festival Jury
- Local HVAC expert offers money-savings tips to keep cool
- Fennemore Craig Attorneys Recognized in the 26th Edition of The Best Lawyers in America®
"Increasing Trooper pay is important for recruitment, but it's also important for us Troopers on the road because we feel appreciated," said Trooper Wybron. "By putting on the uniform, going out, serving the public and coming home to our families, it allows us to know that we are providing well for our families and that we're being taken care of."
Recruiting and training enough personnel to replace retirees and hire for new positions remains a top priority for the Arizona Department of Public Safety (DPS) as they work to protect and serve a growing population of more than 7 million Arizonans. This new investment will bring pay for starting Troopers from just under $47,000 to over $51,000. In addition, civilian employees at DPS are receiving a 5 percent raise.
The FY 2020 budget also includes funding to hire 48 new State Troopers for three critical missions: Arizona's Border Strike Force, the Wrong-Way Driver Night Watch and patrolling the new Loop 202 South Mountain Freeway expected to open later this year.
Latest on The Arizonar
- Innerzyme offers natural form of Vitamin K2, which research indicates has positive impact on dental, cardiovascular, and bone health
- Can car rental services in Malta help improve the island's problems?
- Harshness Environment Anti- Corrosion - Sunkye Glass-Sintered Sealing Application & Solutions
- Word On The Street: Governor Doug Ducey And Arizona Diamondbacks Welcome Verna
- Solar Electric Microcars now in production in Arizona City
- Neurology Associates Earns MRI Certification from Intersocietal Accreditation Commission
- Director and Producer Alon Juwal joins the Israeli Academy of Film and Television
- Thiel College accepting applications for new Speech-Language Pathology graduate program
- United® Real Estate Group Ranks as One of the Fastest-Growing Companies for the Fourth Time
- Arizona: Governor's Office Of Youth, Faith and Family Announces Grants To Combat Substance Abuse And Misuse
- George Clinton sparks a Phat Blunt with Miss Velvet and The Blue Wolf
- Country Star Gary West Readies for Worldwide Releases
- TVS TV Networks.Com Completes Nine Channel Free Post Cable 24/7 Network Bundle on Giniko USA.Com
- JMN Logistics and Transportation Announces Largest One-Time Asset Investment in Company History Adding 16 New Trucks
- B & D Precision Selects Local Advertising Company For Marketing
- Menufy Taps into Postmates to Increase On-Demand Business for Restaurants
- Wipe Data on Android with new iShredder Android GOVERNMENT and ENTERPRISE edition
- BRIEF: Combating Suicide In Arizona
- Sinq Technologies Provides Increased Efficiency with New, Multiple Partnerships
- Introducing the Fox&Summit® Wi-Fi Pull Cord Sensor for the Connected Home