- Sip Social Co. Partners With Omnify To Streamline User Experience Across Growing Operations
- Governor Hobbs' Bipartisan Water Policy Council Delivers Critical Recommendations to Protect Arizona's Water Security
- White Castle Opens Second Arizona Restaurant
The $54 million project is powered by a public-private partnership that includes state and federal grants. In 2022, Wecom was awarded a competitive $10 million Arizona Broadband Development Grant to bring high-speed Internet to Mohave and La Paz counties. Separately, Wecom was awarded a $3.2 million USDA ReConnect Grant to construct broadband fiber for the Hualapai Reservation.
Governor Hobbs expressed her commitment to bridging Arizona's digital divide with this investment. "As the reliance on digital services increases, it's critical that we ensure our people, businesses, and community services are capable of handling the demand," she said. "I am laser focused on getting that done."
Wecom CEO Paul Fleming also spoke of the importance of reliable broadband access for businesses needing access to the online marketplace, jobseekers, students engaged in remote learning, patients utilizing telehealth and more. "We thank Governor Hobbs and our state, local, tribal and federal partners for their support of vital project," he said.
More on The Arizonar
- Noble World Foundation Proposes UN Security Council Reform to Foster Global Peace
- Handy Cookbook Announces Launch of Comprehensive Food Information Library
- October 2023 Financial Market Review
- Mesa Launches New and Improved FREE Tools to Help Startups and Small Business Owners
- India Fest 2024 on Jan 27, 2024 at KY Expo Center
Chairwoman Sherry J. Parker of the Hualapai Reservation expressed her excitement for what this project will mean for her people: "Our beautiful Hualapai Reservation is remote but we will have the world at our fingertips thanks to reliable broadband service."
Chairman Travis Lingenfelter of the Mohave County Board of Supervisors also spoke about how important this project is for rural Arizona: "Access to reliable broadband should not depend on a person's home address which is why I look forward to the completion of this project and continued expansion of high-speed Internet access across western Arizona and rural communities statewide."
Construction of 2,250 miles of multi-gigabit broadband fiber will facilitate an estimated 250 jobs in the near-term but has much broader economic educational and other benefits for Arizona communities that have gone without for years. In February 2021 Wecom broadband Internet will begin for customers in Mohave and La Paz counties as well as the Hualapai Reservation with completion scheduled for April 2024 in tribal areas June 2025 in Mohave and La Paz counties respectively.
Latest on The Arizonar
- Revolutionizing FEC Chain Stores with Our Cutting-Edge Ordering& Warehousing System
- Media Personality Cyrus Webb celebrates 20 years and over 12,000 guests on Conversations LIVE radio show
- PADT Co-Owner Eric Miller Listed Amongst 19 Top Leaders of 2023 by InBusiness PHX
- Panovolo for macOS is now available
- Arizona: Sinema, Kelly, Hobbs Statement on Lukeville POE Closure
- Lumena, A New Luxury Oceanfront Condominium Takes Flight on Florida's Space Coast
- Dogs at the Dentist: How an unlikely partnership is helping treat dental anxiety
- SSV Network selects Randamu for Distributed Key Generation (DKG) Grant Award
- Integro Bank and Vincit Host December Event on Utilizing Technology & A.I. for Small Businesses.
- Arizona: Governor Katie Hobbs Releases Statement Honoring the Life and Legacy of Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O'Connor
- Lawmato relaunches its virtual consultation app with enhanced features
- MiBOXER Is Exhibiting At Hong Kong International Autumn Lighting Fair
- Beck Properties Group, eXp Realty Expands Service in Southeast Indiana
- Stonely Unleashes Innovative Platform for Homeowners: Design and Order Kitchen Countertops Online with Ease!
- One Million Pages Read in the First Year !!
- Kingston NY-Based Ryan & Ryan Kicks Off its 65th Anniversary Dec. 6 by Underwriting a Chamber of Commerce Mixer Saluting RUPCO
- Tobu Railway's Hosts "Tokyo Downtown Tour: Bamboo Lighting."
- "Street Fighter™ 6" Panel Announced for December 2nd at Los Angeles Comic Con; The Music of Street Fighter 6: A Special Look at the Video Game
- Mesa Police Department Holiday DUI Task Force
- National Minority Health Association Launches "Equity for All."