- Global Stock Market / Crypto Crash Before June 17, 2021
- Arizona: Governor Ducey Mother's Day Message
- Complex Advisor M&A Market Presents Emerging Risks and Opportunities: Advisor Growth Strategy Study
"Wildfire season is here, and it's up to all of us to make responsible decisions that will protect our state," said Governor Ducey. "There are simple, but effective, ways we can all minimize the threat of wildfires, like limiting combustible material and vegetation near your house and making sure matches are out cold before walking away. Wildfire Awareness Week is an important reminder to practice responsible fire management and follow the guidance from safety officials to protect people, pets and property."
To help prevent fires, Arizonans are encouraged to:
- Ensure trailer chains do not drag (any spark can start a fire);
- Practice responsible outdoor recreation and ensure campfires, matches or cigarettes are out cold before walking away from them;
- Be "fire wise" and protect your property by limiting the combustible material and vegetation within 100 feet of your house; and
- Remember it is illegal and highly dangerous to fly a drone near wildfires.
The Governor this month signed the Healthy Forest Initiative to promote wildfire prevention in Arizona while also expanding opportunities for low-risk inmates in the state's correctional facilities.
More on The Arizonar
- University of Phoenix to Host Webcast Panel on Global Accessibility Awareness Day
- Arizona: Governor Ducey Orders Flags At Half-Staff For National Peace Officers Memorial Day
- @KevinDouglasWright Daily Motivational Quotes on Instagram Helps with Life's Challenges and Reaching Goals
- KB Home Announces the Grand Opening of Oak Park, a New-Home Community in a Popular West Phoenix Location
- Journey Medical Corp Announces New Journey with the Experts Video Featuring Neera Agarwal-Antal, MD
Additionally, Governor Ducey on March 22 joined the Arizona Department of Forestry and Fire Management and fire safety officials to provide an outlook on the upcoming wildfire season.
Arizona's peak wildfire season typically runs from May through mid-July when conditions are windy, dry and hot. Wildfires ravaged close to 980,000 acres in Arizona last year, the second most severe year for total acres burned. Wildfires can start through unkempt brush, lightning and campfires, and have devastating effects on air quality, wildlife, people and property.
View the Arizona Wildfire Awareness Week proclamation HERE.
Latest on The Arizonar
- HungMargs Craft Margarita Mix from Delray Beach's TheHungCompany To Launch at First Stop on Jimmy Buffett's Worldwide Tour
- Insight Wins VMware North America 2021 Partner Value Award
- edjuster Field Claims Team Manages Largest Catastrophic Content Claims Event in North America
- BoatBlurb.com Celebrates One Year Anniversary with Record Monthly Traffic
- 26th Annual AfroSolo Arts Festival - Black Voices: Our Stories, Our Lives - June 9-13 and 17-20, 2021
- Back to Eden, Back to Miami Swim Week
- New Use Energy and Footprint Project Launch Second-Life Solar Initiative to Advance Sustainable Energy Access for All
- Governor Ducey Signs Bill Declaring Sierra Vista As The Hummingbird Capital Of Arizona
- MBK Senior Living Annouces Promotion of Engle and Hill
- CELLULARONE® Launches Emergency Mobile Broadband Data Plans with Unlimited Data and Smartphone Tethering to help Struggling Households Stay Connected with Free Wireless Internet
- Michael Johnson Performance chooses Mondo for training center tracks and weight room flooring
- Evolve IP Offers Occupancy-Based Pricing For Hospitality Industry
- Nanometrics Awarded $10 Million US Government Contract to Upgrade its International Seismic Monitoring Network
- Announcing "My Way Your Way Our Way", Bashiri Johnson's New Video & Single released on Life In Rhythm Media
- ON Semiconductor Announces Pricing of Private Offering of $700 Million of 0% Convertible Senior Notes
- Governor Ducey Signs Legislation To Further Protect Arizona Voters
- Insight to Present at the 49th Annual J.P. Morgan Global Technology, Media and Communications Conference
- Arizona: Governor Ducey, 19 Other Governors Call On Biden-Harris White House To End Border Crisis
- Walter Art Gallery to Debut "Revealing Resonance," a solo show of works by Bela Fidel
- Food & Beverage Packaging Redefined: The Chill-Can® & 5 Liter Keg Just The Beginning For Innovation Team At Joseph Company International, Inc