- STORE Capital Releases 2020 Annual Stockholder Letter
- Ideanomics Announces Its Membership in CALSTART
- Tracy S. Williams, Wife of Pro Football Hall of Famer Aeneas Williams, Talks Sex and Relationships in Her Debut Book: THE GARDEN EXPERIENCE
"Jackie Meck brings years of experience and leadership to the Board of Transportation," said Governor Ducey. "His hard work and dedication have been instrumental in the West Valley's growth, and I know he will continue to serve Arizona well. I look forward to his service on the Board."
Meck is a Buckeye native and served as mayor from 2008 to November 2020. He has dedicated his life to community service and leadership throughout Arizona, focusing primarily on economic development and conservation. He has served in multiple departments including the Board of Directors of the Greater Phoenix Economic Council (GPEC), and on the Maricopa Association of Governments' (MAG) Regional Council, Economic Development Committee, Transportation Policy Committee, and Executive Committee & Regional Council.
More on The Arizonar
- Truthset and the ANA AIMM Release First of its Kind Multicultural Online Data Benchmarks
- Julia Hair Tax Refund Season Flash Sale Week With Buy Now Pay Later
- The Best Virgin Hair Vendors 2021
- ACS Lawyer In Brooklyn Announces Dismissal of OCFS Case
- Liquid Core® Gum Company announces TDA Boulder Creative Director Jonathan Schoenberg has joined its Advisory Board
Meck also served on the board for WESTMARC, Valley Metro RPTA, is the former president of the Buckeye Valley Chamber of Commerce, and is the retired general manager of the Buckeye Water Conservation and Drainage District. Prior to becoming mayor of the City of Buckeye, Meck served as a town council member from 1968 to 1973 and town mayor from 1973 to 1975 prior to Buckeye becoming a city in 2014.
"For many years, I have been committed to helping Buckeye and the entire state prosper and grow," said Meck. "I am honored to join the Board of Transportation to assist in growing our infrastructure, maintaining safe roads, and meeting the demand of new residents moving to our state. Thank you to Governor Ducey for this opportunity — I look forward to serving in this new role."
In addition to his role on a number of committees and councils, Meck has worked on multiple conservation and restoration projects. He and his wife, Verlyne, have three children and four grandchildren. Meck attended the University of Arizona.
Latest on The Arizonar
- Tech Startup to Offer Up To 100% Funding Aid to Individuals for Covering Their Education or Travel Expenses
- Pinnacle West Adds Seasoned Utility Executive to Its Board of Directors
- Sandline Welcomes IT Veteran Ralf Kaiser as CTO
- Arizona: Governor Ducey Issues Executive Order Requiring Schools To Offer In-Person Learning
- ChartSpan Announces Partnership with Kentucky Hospital Association
- Mental Health Advocate Offers Hope to Millions with Book Detailing Trials and Triumphs on His Journey to Leading a Meaningful Life
- State Announces Additional $8.2 Million To Further Serve Arizonans Facing Homelessness
- Top IFS North America Partners Unite to Form Astra Canyon Group LLC
- Cable One Announces Pricing of Upsized Private Offering of Convertible Senior Notes
- Construction Technology Startup Mosaic Hires Real Estate Veteran as First CFO
- First look: Clark Nexsen completes engineering building at NC State University
- Arizona: Governor Ducey Appoints David McDowell and Stasy Click To The Maricopa County Superior Court
- Arizona: Governor Ducey Receives First Vaccine Dose
- 2021 Marketing Excellence Awards—Call for Entries: Honoring the Best in B2B Services and Solutions Marketing
- edjuster Launches Fully Interactive Digital Contents Claims Portal
- Senseeker Engineering Acquires SE-IR Corporation
- Arizona: Governor Ducey Response To Resolution Copper Project Setback
- Arizona: State Adopts A Unique Hybrid Model For COVID-19 Vaccine Prioritization
- eMoney Advisor Veterans Start Firm to Help Fintech CEOs Jump Start Growth
- Universal Electronics Inc. Expands Reach of QuickSet Technology to More Smart TVs Through LG webOS