- Detroit's Jackets for Jobs Turns the Tide on the 'Big Quit' and Toxic Workplaces Winning Best Place to Work 4 Years in A Row
- Journey Medical Corp Announces New Journey with the Experts Video Featuring Duane Dilworth, MD
- $SNE Token Sale Goes Live: Here's What You Need to Know About the Upcoming StrongNode.io IDO Launch
"Kim has given so much to the Southern Arizona community as a Judge Pro Tem, as a prosecutor, and as a professor. I am pleased to appoint her to the Pima County Superior Court," said Governor Ducey.
Kimberly "Kim" Ortiz has been serving as a Judge Pro Tem on the Pima County Superior Court since November 2018. She is one of three full-time Judges Pro Tem permanently assigned to the criminal bench. In this role, she handles a full criminal docket and regularly hears appeals from the Tucson City and Pima County Justice Courts.
Kim also teaches as an adjunct professor at the University of Arizona College of Law, her alma mater. She has been teaching Sentencing Law since 2011 and previously taught at the Arizona Attorney General Rule 38(e) Prosecution Clinic from 2005 to 2018.
Prior to being appointed as a Judge Pro Tem, Kim was a prosecutor at the Arizona Attorney General's ("AG") Office for nearly 20 years. She ultimately served as Section Chief Counsel for the Southern Arizona White Collar & Criminal Enterprise Section from 2011 to 2018. As Section Chief, Kim managed all criminal cases initiated by the AG's Office in Southern Arizona. She reviewed and approved felony charges against more than 1,700 defendants, and helped more than 3,000 victims recover restitution totaling over $34,000,000. She additionally handled personnel, budget, legislative and grant writing matters. Kim also served on the Wiretap, Ethics and Brady Committees. During her time as an Assistant Attorney General, she also handled civil forfeiture cases and defended medical malpractice claims in the Liability Management Section.
More on The Arizonar
- Detroit's Romantic Dramedy 'Match Made' Burns Up the Screens and Touches the Soul
- VORAGO Technologies Announces Two New Radiation-Hardened Microcontrollers for Aerospace and Defense
- Parallel Breaks Ground on Apartment Project at Northgate
- Chris Higgins Joins Telgian Fire Safety as Vice President, Customer Service
- myLAB Box Offers Self-Testing to Help People Regain Their Everyday Lives
Kim began her career working at the Santa Cruz County Attorney's Office from 1994 to 1999. She was a Drug Enforcement Unit Supervisor and prosecuted drug cases in high intensity drug trafficking areas.
In 2018, Kim was recognized by the State Bar of Arizona through the prestigious Michael C. Cudahy Criminal Justice Award. This award recognizes one criminal law prosecutor per year in Arizona who has worked tirelessly to advance the principles of criminal justice by representing the public's interest with integrity, fairness, tenacity, creativity, brilliance and, above all, professionalism.
Kim received her Bachelor's degree in English from Columbia University. She then received her J.D. from the University of Arizona James E. Rogers College of Law.
Latest on The Arizonar
- Redcat releases the Kaiju EXT, 1:8 scale 4WD, 6S Ready, Monster Truck
- George Stieglitz - Century Fasteners Corp. Co-Founder and Fastener Industry Trailblazer, Dies
- New book argues Book of Revelation portrays the Moses of the Pentateuch as the False Prophet
- FCTI, Inc. Announces New President
- Euro Note Souvenir releases commemorative note of IRA revolutionary Bobby Sands
- Legacy Book on Managing Conflict and Change by Co-creator of the TKI
- Health IT Leadership Award Presented to Dr. Kishlay Anand, President of Apricus Health at 2021 Health Current Summit
- Coming In Hot: Fintech Is Growing, And So Is USAM Group!
- 08:42 ET Innovative Cancer Treatments, Research in Regenerative Medicine and Gene Therapy to Be Presented at World Cord Blood Day 2021
- The Charming, Well-Preserved "Little Edo" Town of Koedo Kawagoe, is Even More Compelling in the Brilliance of Mid-November Autumn Foliage
- Georgia Plastic first to accept Cryptocurrency for Cosmetic Procedures in Georgia
- 2021 Spirit of Community Leadership Award Recipients Announced
- Mega R. Mease Signs With CelebrityPress® To Co-Author "Cracking the Success Code Vol 2"
- Wellsboro, Pennsylvania Named a Bird Town by The National Audubon Society
- 14:35 ET Grand Canyon University Provides Immersive Christian Higher Education Experience For Individuals With Moderate Intellectual Disabilites
- Kansas City Area – Johnson County Real Estate Agent Promotes Promotes Homes to More Buyers for More Money
- GT Medical Technologies Wins Prestigious Innovator of the Year Award at the 2021 Governor's Celebration of Innovation
- Arizona Israel Technology Alliance Names Mara Pernick as CEO
- The Money 2.0 Conference Announces Dates For Its Dubai 2022 Edition
- 08:36 ET Odesso Announces Seed to Sale Software to Provide an Omnichannel Mobile Customer Experience on Automation Engines Used by the FDA and DOJ