- Holistic Healing News Offers Health News Not Reported by Mainstream Media
- Winners and Finalists for the 2021 Governor's Celebration of Innovation Awards Announced by Arizona Technology Council and Arizona Commerce Authority
- Announcing Two Japan Evening "Light-up" Events in Autumn 2021
"Kim has given so much to the Southern Arizona community as a Judge Pro Tem, as a prosecutor, and as a professor. I am pleased to appoint her to the Pima County Superior Court," said Governor Ducey.
Kimberly "Kim" Ortiz has been serving as a Judge Pro Tem on the Pima County Superior Court since November 2018. She is one of three full-time Judges Pro Tem permanently assigned to the criminal bench. In this role, she handles a full criminal docket and regularly hears appeals from the Tucson City and Pima County Justice Courts.
Kim also teaches as an adjunct professor at the University of Arizona College of Law, her alma mater. She has been teaching Sentencing Law since 2011 and previously taught at the Arizona Attorney General Rule 38(e) Prosecution Clinic from 2005 to 2018.
Prior to being appointed as a Judge Pro Tem, Kim was a prosecutor at the Arizona Attorney General's ("AG") Office for nearly 20 years. She ultimately served as Section Chief Counsel for the Southern Arizona White Collar & Criminal Enterprise Section from 2011 to 2018. As Section Chief, Kim managed all criminal cases initiated by the AG's Office in Southern Arizona. She reviewed and approved felony charges against more than 1,700 defendants, and helped more than 3,000 victims recover restitution totaling over $34,000,000. She additionally handled personnel, budget, legislative and grant writing matters. Kim also served on the Wiretap, Ethics and Brady Committees. During her time as an Assistant Attorney General, she also handled civil forfeiture cases and defended medical malpractice claims in the Liability Management Section.
More on The Arizonar
- New Real Estate "Just Looking" Program Is a Big Hit With Emerald Coast Home Buyers
- Design Your Super Longevity Blueprint at RAADfest 2021
- The New Real Estate "Just Looking: Program Is A Big Hit With Orange Beach/Gulf Shores Area Residents!
- The New Real Estate "Just Looking" Program Is A Big Hit With Central Virginia Area Residents!
- 2021 Mensa Select® Winners Announced
Kim began her career working at the Santa Cruz County Attorney's Office from 1994 to 1999. She was a Drug Enforcement Unit Supervisor and prosecuted drug cases in high intensity drug trafficking areas.
In 2018, Kim was recognized by the State Bar of Arizona through the prestigious Michael C. Cudahy Criminal Justice Award. This award recognizes one criminal law prosecutor per year in Arizona who has worked tirelessly to advance the principles of criminal justice by representing the public's interest with integrity, fairness, tenacity, creativity, brilliance and, above all, professionalism.
Kim received her Bachelor's degree in English from Columbia University. She then received her J.D. from the University of Arizona James E. Rogers College of Law.
Latest on The Arizonar
- Telemach Slovenia Goes Live With AX OTT To Improve Customer Experience
- Trophy Automotive Dealer Group Announces the Launch of Fab Cars, An E-Commerce Platform For Selling and Buying Used Cars
- Tonto Apache is First Tribe in Arizona to Launch Retail Sportsbook at Mazatzal Hotel & Casino
- MG Facility Services Awarded $30 Million, Multi-Year Contract With The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- MBA Mortgage Corp. Receives Honorable Mention for the DAV'S Outstanding Small Employer of the Year
- Is Demand For Pools Increasing or Decreasing in Las Vegas?
- VORAGO Technologies announces 4-channel Rad-Hard Latch-up Monitor IC solution, now sampling
- For the 6th Time, Zippy Shell, Inc. Appears on the Inc. 5000, Ranking No. 1149 With Three-Year Revenue Growth of 423 Percent
- Tradewind Voyages Confirms Caribbean Program For 2021/22 season
- Creating Art During The Pandemic Artist Cynthia Warden Launches Original Art Series Featuring Events Of 2020 and Beyond
- Latino Author Wants Better Representation of Latino and Hispanic Creatives Beyond Hispanic Heritage Month
- EdTech Startup Builds on Early Traction in Remote Proctoring with New Crowdfunding Round
- GitKon 2021: Virtual Git Conference Happening September 22-23
- Snell & Wilmer Partner Patrick J. Paul Joins ABA Section of Environment, Energy, and Resources Board
- The 5-Star Reviews Keep Coming for "Shadows in Light"
- Kairos Strategy Group Announces Commitment to Global Efforts Advocating for Cybersecurity Best Practices during Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- SONSON® Launches New Bow Tie Collection Celebrating Creatives and Trailblazers: "EXCELLENCE"
- KLC Hires Dan Womack As New President
- Weld Money, cryptocurrency bank card startup, raises capital from Magnus Capital, HSVC Capital, and Concorde Capital
- Obsidian Anime Lab, where fans get to create an anime!