- University of Phoenix College of Doctoral Studies Releases the Newest Edition of the Phoenix Scholar™ Academic Journal
- Magellan Healthcare Hosts Webinars in Support of BIPOC Mental Health Awareness Month in July
- DaveTheNurse Hosts Webinar June 22: The Home Care Business Boom - How to Capitalize on It!
Governor Doug Ducey today issued two Declarations of Emergency in response to the Telegraph and Mescal Fires in Pinal and Gila Counties, making available up to $400,000 for response efforts.
The State of Emergency follows the Governor's June 6 request to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) for a Fire Management Assistance Grant. FEMA quickly approved the request the same day and will provide significant federal assistance for the local and state costs.
"Firefighters and safety officials have been working around the clock to protect Arizonans, and we need to make sure they have the support they need to successfully fight the wildfires in Pinal and Gila Counties," Governor Ducey said. "I issued Declarations of Emergency so those responders will have the necessary resources to protect people, pets and property — and we will continue to work closely with local officials to ensure the needs of those communities are met. Arizonans must take the threat of wildfires seriously and follow all safety precautions during these dry months, including following evacuation orders. I'm grateful to everyone working to protect Arizonans this wildfire season."
More on The Arizonar
- EclecticIQ launches new platform and vision that re-imagines how threat intelligence is used in cyber defense
- Norton Special Report Finds Young Americans Are Twice as Likely to Cyber Stalk
- Pinnacle West Declares Quarterly Dividend
- Cryptsoft's KMIP technology strengthens security in Networked Energy Services' Advanced Metering Infrastructure solutions
- WebPT's Year of Innovation Ushers in Next-Level Growth
The Telegraph Fire as of this morning burned 76,260 acres of federal, state and private land, triggering the deployment of an Interagency Type 1 Incident Management Team. The fire started on Friday, June 4 and is located South of US 60 between Superior and Miami. Multiple evacuations have been ordered and road closures are in place.
The Mescal Fire as of this morning burned 70,067 acres in Gila County. An Interagency Type 2 Incident Management Team has been deployed to the fire which started on Tuesday, June 1 and is located South of US 70 between Globe and Peridot. Most evacuated residents on the San Carlos Apache Reservation were allowed to return home yesterday, but partial road closures remain on State Route 77 and US 70.
To help prevent fires, Arizonans are encouraged to:
- Ensure trailer chains do not drag (any spark can start a fire);
- Practice responsible outdoor recreation and follow fire restrictions - nearly all of Arizona is currently covered by some type of fire restriction;
- Be "fire wise" and protect your property by limiting the combustible material and vegetation within 100 feet of your house; and
- Remember it is illegal and highly dangerous to fly a drone near wildfires.
The latest information on the fires is here: LINK, LINK
More on The Arizonar
- Syxsense Extends Enterprise Integration with Secure API
- Hoping They 'Stay' In Summer Hill's New Release
- Media Advisory: Visiquest Properties LLC Announces Revitalization and New Construction of 59 EVERGREEN APARTMENTS
- From Berkshire to Hollywood: 1950s Style Seamed Stockings by Retro Lingerie Brand What Katie Did
- Michael Kolbrener Awarded Prestigious "Premier Luxury Marketing Consultant" Certification
View smoke forecast from the Arizona Department of Environmental Quality here: LINK
View road closure information from the Arizona Department of Transportation here: LINK
View fire restrictions in Arizona here: LINK
View the Governor's Declarations of Emergency here: LINK, LINK
Latest on The Arizonar
- Master Agent Bridgepointe Joins The Evolve IP Partner Program
- Women-Led Fintech, Pasito, Welcomes Julie Scotland as Co-Founder and CMO
- Most Active New Venture Capital Firms Globally 2021 Released at F50 Global Capital Summit
- Wohler adds HDR detection and releases Dolby decoding option for their iVAM1-3 & 2-2 AV monitors
- Beacon Launches New Universe Scrubber That Improves Program Data Accuracy and Increases Audit Success
- Microchip Boosts Gallium Nitride (GaN) Radio Frequency (RF) Portfolio with Ka-band Monolithic Microwave Integrated Circuit (MMIC) with High Linearity for SatCom Terminals
- Arizona: Governor Doug Ducey Announces $2 Million In State Funding To Restart Tucson Water Treatment Plant
- Barrett-Jackson's Las Vegas Auction Soars with Record $48 Million in Sales, Historic Collector Car NFT Sale and Celebrity Guests, Including "Mr. Las Vegas" Wayne Newton
- American University of Antigua College of Medicine Signs Progression Agreement with University of South Wales
- TVSFlashbackNetwork.Com Adds Mod Squad to Color Classic TV Post Cable Network on WatchYour.TV
- Elevation Secures Series A Funding After Strong Growth
- MissTraders Entrepreneurship Awards Banquet
- Kitchen Products Pro: The New Online Shop for Must-Have Kitchenware for Home Cooks
- New Adult Crypto Co. MEINU Teams Up with Webcam Superstars to Launch New Coin!
- Cummings Graduate Institute for Behavioral Health Studies Certificate Programs Now VA Education Benefits Eligible
- Work 365 announces integration with Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central for subscription billing and invoicing
- 8th Annual American Reality Television Awards – Presenters & Appearances
- Ismail Sirdah on What to Prioritize When Hosting an Event
- Arizona: Governor Ducey Signs $100 Million Bipartisan Wildfire Relief Package
- NBC 6 South Florida Honors Fatherhood Task Force Fathers On Behalf of New Kevin Hart Film, Fatherhood