- Global Stock Market / Crypto Crash Before June 17, 2021
- Arizona: Governor Ducey Mother's Day Message
- African Crypto Exchange Processes Over $3.2 billion in Transactions, Announces Global Expansion
PHOENIX — Governor Doug Ducey today signed legislation to further protect Arizona's firefighters and fire investigators by expanding workers' compensation for diseases presumed to be a result of their job demands and requirements.
Senate Bill (SB) 1451 strengthens the presumption that a firefighter's cancer diagnosis is work related thereby ensuring that more firefighters are eligible for worker's compensation and can spend more time focusing on their health and family and less time fighting with cities and insurance companies for their benefits.
This bill also protects female firefighters and fire investigators by adding breast cancer and ovarian cancer to the list of qualifying cancers to ensure that they have access to the same benefits and protections as their male co-workers.
"Firefighters and other first responders dedicate countless hours to protecting our communities and keeping Arizonans safe," said Governor Ducey. "It's our job to protect them too. This bill expands protection for diseases acquired through the job, and helps ensure our safety professionals receive the support and resources they need."
More on The Arizonar
- University of Phoenix to Host Webcast Panel on Global Accessibility Awareness Day
- Arizona: Governor Ducey Orders Flags At Half-Staff For National Peace Officers Memorial Day
- @KevinDouglasWright Daily Motivational Quotes on Instagram Helps with Life's Challenges and Reaching Goals
- KB Home Announces the Grand Opening of Oak Park, a New-Home Community in a Popular West Phoenix Location
- Journey Medical Corp Announces New Journey with the Experts Video Featuring Neera Agarwal-Antal, MD
Previously, to qualify for the presumption, a firefighter or peace officer must have passed a physical examination before employment that did not indicate evidence of cancer, been assigned to hazardous duty for at least five years, and documented with the department an exposure to a known carcinogen that is reasonably related to cancer. Firefighters were burdened with identifying exactly when and where they were exposed to a carcinogen that caused their cancer, which is why SB 1451 removes that specific requirement.
"The signing of Senate Bill 1451 is a huge win for Arizona's firefighters and fire investigators that also includes female cancers," said Senator Boyer. "They do so much to protect our communities, and I was proud to sponsor legislation that helps protect them. My thanks to Governor Ducey for signing this important bill."
SB 1451 is supported by various organizations in the state, including: the cities of Phoenix, Mesa and Scottsdale; the Town of Queen Creek; Professional Firefighters Of Arizona; Arizona Fire Chiefs; Arizona Conference Of Police & Sheriffs; Fraternal Order Of Police (Arizona State Lodge); Arizona State AFL-CIO; League Of Arizona Cities & Towns; and Arizona Coalition For Working Families.
Latest on The Arizonar
- HungMargs Craft Margarita Mix from Delray Beach's TheHungCompany To Launch at First Stop on Jimmy Buffett's Worldwide Tour
- Insight Wins VMware North America 2021 Partner Value Award
- edjuster Field Claims Team Manages Largest Catastrophic Content Claims Event in North America
- BoatBlurb.com Celebrates One Year Anniversary with Record Monthly Traffic
- 26th Annual AfroSolo Arts Festival - Black Voices: Our Stories, Our Lives - June 9-13 and 17-20, 2021
- Back to Eden, Back to Miami Swim Week
- New Use Energy and Footprint Project Launch Second-Life Solar Initiative to Advance Sustainable Energy Access for All
- Governor Ducey Signs Bill Declaring Sierra Vista As The Hummingbird Capital Of Arizona
- MBK Senior Living Annouces Promotion of Engle and Hill
- CELLULARONE® Launches Emergency Mobile Broadband Data Plans with Unlimited Data and Smartphone Tethering to help Struggling Households Stay Connected with Free Wireless Internet
- Michael Johnson Performance chooses Mondo for training center tracks and weight room flooring
- Evolve IP Offers Occupancy-Based Pricing For Hospitality Industry
- Nanometrics Awarded $10 Million US Government Contract to Upgrade its International Seismic Monitoring Network
- Announcing "My Way Your Way Our Way", Bashiri Johnson's New Video & Single released on Life In Rhythm Media
- ON Semiconductor Announces Pricing of Private Offering of $700 Million of 0% Convertible Senior Notes
- Governor Ducey Signs Legislation To Further Protect Arizona Voters
- Insight to Present at the 49th Annual J.P. Morgan Global Technology, Media and Communications Conference
- Arizona: Governor Ducey, 19 Other Governors Call On Biden-Harris White House To End Border Crisis
- Walter Art Gallery to Debut "Revealing Resonance," a solo show of works by Bela Fidel
- Food & Beverage Packaging Redefined: The Chill-Can® & 5 Liter Keg Just The Beginning For Innovation Team At Joseph Company International, Inc