- Global Stock Market / Crypto Crash Before June 17, 2021
- Arizona: Governor Ducey Mother's Day Message
- African Crypto Exchange Processes Over $3.2 billion in Transactions, Announces Global Expansion
"There's immeasurable value in every single life — regardless of genetic makeup," said Governor Ducey. "We will continue to prioritize protecting life in our preborn children, and this legislation goes a long way in protecting real human lives. My sincere thanks to Senator Nancy Barto for her leadership and work on this life-saving issue."
Senate Bill (SB) 1457 makes it a Class 6 felony to perform an abortion solely because of a genetic abnormality, use force or threat to intimidate a person to have an abortion because of a genetic abnormality of the child, or accept or solicit money to finance an abortion because of a genetic abnormality of the child. The bill does not apply to cases where the child has a lethal fetal condition and does not prohibit abortion sought for other reasons allowed by law, including the life and health of the mother. The bill also ensures a woman will not be prosecuted for failing to properly care for herself or failing to follow a program of prenatal care, or against a person who performs in vitro fertilization (IVF) procedures.
More on The Arizonar
- University of Phoenix to Host Webcast Panel on Global Accessibility Awareness Day
- Arizona: Governor Ducey Orders Flags At Half-Staff For National Peace Officers Memorial Day
- @KevinDouglasWright Daily Motivational Quotes on Instagram Helps with Life's Challenges and Reaching Goals
- KB Home Announces the Grand Opening of Oak Park, a New-Home Community in a Popular West Phoenix Location
- Journey Medical Corp Announces New Journey with the Experts Video Featuring Neera Agarwal-Antal, MD
"We need to protect our most vulnerable, especially those with treatable genetic conditions," said Senator Barto. "They are loved, integral members of our community that make Arizona whole — and I'm proud to sponsor legislation that gives them a voice before they're even born. Thank you, Governor Ducey, for signing Senate Bill 1457."
Under SB 1457, a person performing an abortion must complete an affidavit stating that the person is not aborting the child because of an abnormality. It also requires the doctor performing the abortion inform the woman that is it unlawful to perform an abortion due to the child's race, sex, or genetic abnormality.
With this legislation, Arizona remains among the top pro-life states in the nation.
Governor Ducey's action on SB 1457 comes days after he signed SB 1254, which ensures women have easy access to information about adoption and resources that are available to assist them during pregnancy.
Additionally, the Governor on April 9 signed HB 2410 to extend the time a baby can be delivered to a Safe Haven program from 72 hours to 30 days old.
Latest on The Arizonar
- HungMargs Craft Margarita Mix from Delray Beach's TheHungCompany To Launch at First Stop on Jimmy Buffett's Worldwide Tour
- Insight Wins VMware North America 2021 Partner Value Award
- edjuster Field Claims Team Manages Largest Catastrophic Content Claims Event in North America
- BoatBlurb.com Celebrates One Year Anniversary with Record Monthly Traffic
- 26th Annual AfroSolo Arts Festival - Black Voices: Our Stories, Our Lives - June 9-13 and 17-20, 2021
- Back to Eden, Back to Miami Swim Week
- New Use Energy and Footprint Project Launch Second-Life Solar Initiative to Advance Sustainable Energy Access for All
- Governor Ducey Signs Bill Declaring Sierra Vista As The Hummingbird Capital Of Arizona
- MBK Senior Living Annouces Promotion of Engle and Hill
- CELLULARONE® Launches Emergency Mobile Broadband Data Plans with Unlimited Data and Smartphone Tethering to help Struggling Households Stay Connected with Free Wireless Internet
- Michael Johnson Performance chooses Mondo for training center tracks and weight room flooring
- Evolve IP Offers Occupancy-Based Pricing For Hospitality Industry
- Nanometrics Awarded $10 Million US Government Contract to Upgrade its International Seismic Monitoring Network
- Announcing "My Way Your Way Our Way", Bashiri Johnson's New Video & Single released on Life In Rhythm Media
- ON Semiconductor Announces Pricing of Private Offering of $700 Million of 0% Convertible Senior Notes
- Governor Ducey Signs Legislation To Further Protect Arizona Voters
- Insight to Present at the 49th Annual J.P. Morgan Global Technology, Media and Communications Conference
- Arizona: Governor Ducey, 19 Other Governors Call On Biden-Harris White House To End Border Crisis
- Walter Art Gallery to Debut "Revealing Resonance," a solo show of works by Bela Fidel
- Food & Beverage Packaging Redefined: The Chill-Can® & 5 Liter Keg Just The Beginning For Innovation Team At Joseph Company International, Inc