- Global Stock Market / Crypto Crash Before June 17, 2021
- Arizona: Governor Ducey Mother's Day Message
- Registration Now Available for Open Apereo 2021!
"Major General Maxwell brings a wealth of knowledge and experience to the State Transportation Board," said Governor Ducey. "His years of leadership, involvement in the Southern Arizona community, and dedication to expanding opportunities across the state will benefit the Board well."
The Arizona State Transportation Board is responsible for the state's highway route systems and its upkeep. Major General Maxwell's appointment fills this year's final membership slot on the board.
"I am proud to continue serving the state and the people of Arizona," said Major General Maxwell. "Infrastructure is the backbone of our economy and critical for our quality of life. I look forward to joining the Transportation Board to help lead in the improvement of our infrastructure, the protection of Arizonans and the growth of our state. I appreciate Governor Ducey for this incredible opportunity."
More on The Arizonar
- University of Phoenix to Host Webcast Panel on Global Accessibility Awareness Day
- Arizona: Governor Ducey Orders Flags At Half-Staff For National Peace Officers Memorial Day
- @KevinDouglasWright Daily Motivational Quotes on Instagram Helps with Life's Challenges and Reaching Goals
- KB Home Announces the Grand Opening of Oak Park, a New-Home Community in a Popular West Phoenix Location
- Journey Medical Corp Announces New Journey with the Experts Video Featuring Neera Agarwal-Antal, MD
In April 2013, Maxwell joined the Southern Arizona Leadership Council (SALC) where he assumed the role of President and CEO in July 2018. SALC comprises business and community leaders that work on education, infrastructure, healthcare, governance, economic growth and innovation throughout the Tucson region and state of Arizona.
He currently serves as the Chair of the Southern Arizona Defense Alliance, and on the Board of Directors for the Air Force Museum Foundation, the Arizona Bowl, the UA-Applied Research Corporation and the Eller National Board of Advisors.
Maxwell has years of military service and leadership experience, retiring from the Air Force as Major General in 2018. During his time in the military, Maxwell was responsible for providing operationally trained, equipped, and mission-ready forces to support national defense demands worldwide and emergency responses throughout the state of Arizona. In his final military position as the Commander of the Arizona Air National Guard, Maxwell oversaw more than 2,700 airmen and flying operations supporting the Air Force at home and abroad.
Maxwell graduated from the United States Air Force Academy in 1984 with a Bachelor of Science. He received a Master of Business Administration from the University of Arizona in 2014.
Latest on The Arizonar
- HungMargs Craft Margarita Mix from Delray Beach's TheHungCompany To Launch at First Stop on Jimmy Buffett's Worldwide Tour
- Insight Wins VMware North America 2021 Partner Value Award
- edjuster Field Claims Team Manages Largest Catastrophic Content Claims Event in North America
- BoatBlurb.com Celebrates One Year Anniversary with Record Monthly Traffic
- 26th Annual AfroSolo Arts Festival - Black Voices: Our Stories, Our Lives - June 9-13 and 17-20, 2021
- Back to Eden, Back to Miami Swim Week
- New Use Energy and Footprint Project Launch Second-Life Solar Initiative to Advance Sustainable Energy Access for All
- Governor Ducey Signs Bill Declaring Sierra Vista As The Hummingbird Capital Of Arizona
- MBK Senior Living Annouces Promotion of Engle and Hill
- CELLULARONE® Launches Emergency Mobile Broadband Data Plans with Unlimited Data and Smartphone Tethering to help Struggling Households Stay Connected with Free Wireless Internet
- Michael Johnson Performance chooses Mondo for training center tracks and weight room flooring
- Evolve IP Offers Occupancy-Based Pricing For Hospitality Industry
- Nanometrics Awarded $10 Million US Government Contract to Upgrade its International Seismic Monitoring Network
- Announcing "My Way Your Way Our Way", Bashiri Johnson's New Video & Single released on Life In Rhythm Media
- ON Semiconductor Announces Pricing of Private Offering of $700 Million of 0% Convertible Senior Notes
- Governor Ducey Signs Legislation To Further Protect Arizona Voters
- Insight to Present at the 49th Annual J.P. Morgan Global Technology, Media and Communications Conference
- Arizona: Governor Ducey, 19 Other Governors Call On Biden-Harris White House To End Border Crisis
- Walter Art Gallery to Debut "Revealing Resonance," a solo show of works by Bela Fidel
- Food & Beverage Packaging Redefined: The Chill-Can® & 5 Liter Keg Just The Beginning For Innovation Team At Joseph Company International, Inc