- KooKalimba Launches K21A Whale
- Arizona: Governor Katie Hobbs' Office Holds Border Community Listening Sessions
- Mesa Summer Pool Passes are Now on Sale at Special Prices
- Running the only maternity Ebola clinic in Sierra Leone in 2014, and working as one of only 1,500 US civilian volunteers deployed to the area.
- Serving in the United States Public Health Service Commissioned Corps, retiring with the rank of Rear Admiral.
- Serving as the chief information medical officer, and the director of health Informatics for the Veterans Health Administration.
- Serving as the chief information officer for the Indian Health Services.
- Serving as the director of Pima County's Health Department.
"Her actions and her decisions saved countless lives during the COVID-19 pandemic," Governor Hobbs said. "In December 2022, Arizona became the State with the single highest number of Covid deaths per capita across the Country. Dr. Cullen's leadership during those tumultuous years directly resulted in more Arizonans being alive and with us today.
More on The Arizonar
- Databloom's Blossom Achieves Faster and More Efficient Big Data Analytics
- Elite Imagined High Net Worth Branding Online Reputation Management Expanding Into Malaysia Market
- Orchard Audio's New PecanPi®+ DAC and Streamer Feature AKM's Latest Flagship Chips
- Country Artist Ashley Wineland to Release Poignant Ballad 'I'm Going Home'; Announces Her 2023 National Tour
- Jennifer S. Wilkov Finalizes Lineup for the 2023 April Speak Up Women Conference
"But even with this mountain of expertise, and an immense track record of public health success, some lawmakers have decided that they should instead participate in vicious personal attacks and criticism over a tweet thanking frontline healthcare workers several years ago. This is not only foolish, it detracts from the important work we have in front of us.
"While I am deeply concerned that Dr. Cullen has chosen not to proceed as the nominee for AzDHS director, I understand and respect her decision. The way some Republicans behaved on the State Senate's committee on director nominations was nothing short of harassment and those who participated in it should be ashamed of their behavior - we all should.
"If the Senate's Director Nominations Committee is unwilling to acknowledge the skill and expertise of Dr. Cullen, there may be no public health professional in the State they would endorse. As long as Republicans choose politics over the people of Arizona, some of the most talented and qualified candidates will choose not to enter state service, and it is the people of Arizona who will suffer most because of these political games."
Organizations and individuals who wrote letters of support for Dr. Cullen's appointment:
- ARP of Arizona
- American Cancer Society - Cancer Action Network
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- Arizona Association of Health Plans
- Arizona Asthma Coalition
- Arizona Chronic Care Together
- Arizona Coalition to End Sexual and Domestic Violence
- Arizona Council of Human Service Providers
- Arizona Hospital and Healthcare Association
- Arizona Medical Association
- Arizona Nurses Association
- Arizona Osteopathic Medical Association
- Arizona Peer and Family Coalition
- Arizona Psychiatric Society
- Arizona Radiological Society
- Arizona Rural Health Association
- Arizona Society of Anesthesiologists
- Arizona Urological Society
- AZ Public Health Association
- Benson Hospital
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona
- Charles Ty Reidhead, MD, MPH, Director, Phoenix Area Indian Health Service
- Dr. Charlton A. Wilson
- El Rio Health
- Health System Alliance of Arizona
- Kallistos Wellness
- Maricopa County Medical Society
- Mayo Clinic
- MHC Healthcare
- Native American Connections
- Northern Cochise Community Hospital
- Pima County Medical Society
- Pinnacle Prevention
- Rear Admiral (ret.) Vincent A. Berkley, DO, MBA, US Public Health Service
- Robert C. Robbins, President, University of Arizona
- The Wellbeing Collaborative of Arizona
- TMC Health
- Tucson Indian Center
- Tucson Medical Center
- Valleywise Health
Filed Under: Government, State
Latest on The Arizonar
- .Store Domains launches Elevate.store – a free-to-use platform for online sellers with deals on business tools
- Alliant International University Announces New Campus and School of Nursing & Health Sciences in Phoenix
- GP GLOBAL GROUP Secures $18M Sale of Shoppes at 41st Street Retail Plaza in Doral, Florida, with $11.5M CMBS Loan Assumption
- HLN's Immunization Calculation Engine (ICE) is continually updated to support new COVID-19 recommendations
- Rewilding Ireland with Lord Dunsany and IrishTrees
- The Tokyo Rebels Announces the Release of Their Groundbreaking Whitepaper
- Arizona: Governor Katie Hobbs Signs Executive Order Prohibiting Race-Based Hair Discrimination
- Armadillos with Benefits™ - PicPocket-Labs, Inc. details its plans/roadmap at SxSW for combining "location-based NFTs" and loyalty programs
- KooKalimba Launches K21A Whale
- Microsoft-Backed HRtech Startup ZingHR Invests In SaaS Startup LokiBots
- World Sleep Day, why do we celebrate?
- HGR Alcohol Detox Centers in San Diego Accepts Most Health Insurances
- Arizona: Governor Katie Hobbs Signs Executive Order Race-Based Prohibiting Hair Discrimination
- ShopCHARLI.com Launches Online Store With a Hot New Spring Collection that Doesn't Miss
- Western Alliance Bank Provides End of Week Update
- Congressman Mark Alford endorsed by Veterans for Trump on his 2024 re-election
- February 2023 Financial Market Review
- Mesa Fire and Medical Department Home Safety Device Installation Event
- Bicycle Sunshade Expands Product Line with Two New Colors
- The Past Reflects A Future - Daniel Imperato 2024 Is Back Again. Which Party?