- Hartford Assurance / Trumbell Served Small Claims Notice for Failing to Refund Customer
- Cleveland Broadband Selects Axiros' AXESS 5 ACS Software for Advanced Gigabit Internet Service
- Tucson Meet Yourself, and see Buddy Greenbloom
"My administration has worked tirelessly to support border communities, stem the flow of drugs and human trafficking, and keep our neighborhoods safe," said Hobbs. "But as it stands today, Arizona is being overwhelmed. I'm calling on Congress and the Biden administration to come together immediately to deliver much needed border security to the State of Arizona. Federal officials need to put politics aside and pass real solutions that will give our state the resources it needs to manage the increase in migrants at the border."
Sheriff Mark Dannels echoed Hobbs' sentiments, saying "Border sheriffs like me are at the frontlines of this issue every day...Governor Hobbs and I share a commitment to keeping our communities safe and managing the increase in crossing the best we can, but we need help from the federal government. Congress and the Biden administration have to take action now to deliver resources to communities like mine to ensure our border is secure."
More on The Arizonar
- Organ Stop Pizza Partners with The Joy Bus and Wow Wheat Beer to Help Cancer Patients
- An Equality Health Medical Director to Speak at Contexture Health Data of the Future Summit
- Mesa: Chris Hassert Appointed to the Arizona Reconsultation Committee
- Mesa Water Resources wins AMWA Sustainable Water Utility Management Award
- Celebrate Mesa Offers Fall Family Fun
Pima County Board of Supervisors Chair Adelita Grijalva also expressed her appreciation for Governor Hobbs' partnership in helping Pima County manage asylum seekers delivered by Customs and Border Protection. However, she noted that their resources are at capacity and they need immediate assistance from the federal government in order for them to continue providing critical services related to this issue.
The State of Arizona has provided various forms of assistance this year including over $35 million spent by DPS on border security, drug interdiction, anti-human trafficking and local community support; over $10.5 million spent by DEMA on transportation for 10,247 migrants; $16,385,000 in grants awarded by AZDOHS for local law enforcement agencies; as well as an additional $3 million committed by DEMA towards Pima County's Drexel facility managing migrant services.
Governor Hobbs concluded her statement with a call for Congress and President Biden's administration "to come together immediately" in order provide much needed resources for Arizona's border communities so they can continue their work safely and effectively.
Latest on The Arizonar
- PhaseZero Expands CxAnalytics Offering with Generative AI Solutions to power Everyday Efficiency for Global Manufacturing Companies
- Prepare Yourself For A Hair-Raising Musical Journey With Sidow Sobrino's Happy Halloween
- Vantiva Announces it has entered into an agreement with CommScope to acquire CommScope's Home Networks
- Car Accident Lawyer Tempe Accident Law Group
- PHOENIX INVESTORS ACQUIRES FORMER ELECTROLUX GROUP FACILITY IN ST. CLOUD, MN
- Online Marketing Not Another SEO Company
- Licensed Mesa Business Owners Can Earn College Credits in Classes at MCC
- Car Accident Lawyer Mesa Accident Law Group
- Larry Hogan Joins Worldwide Speakers Group
- Pikmykid Hosts Webinar on Georgia School Safety Grant
- The Documented Culinary Journey of AI Influencer, Chef Jade
- American Garden Rose Selections™ Announces 2024 Winners
- Boutique Consulting Firm with Unique Project Leadership Offering is Now GSA Approved
- Robotics and Automation are Driving Demand for Upgraded Warehouse Management Systems concludes new report from the Mobile Robot Directory
- Doctors for Cannabis Regulation Rebrands as Doctors for Drug Policy Reform
- New data reveals 87% Australian adults have experienced a work-related musculoskeletal injury
- Live and Let Live Foundation Presents Inaugural Event: 'Comedy & Music for Freedom & Peace' in Mesa, AZ
- NEOM and Maysalward to strengthen young gaming talent with launch of NEOM Game Dev Challenge
- Triumph Donnelly Studios Opens Entertainment Restaurant Counsulting to The Stars and More
- Jeezy, Sexyy Red, Plies, And $hyfromdatre Support The HBCU Community With A Special Concert For NC College Students In Winston-Salem, NC on Oct. 27th