- University of Phoenix College of Doctoral Studies Releases the Newest Edition of the Phoenix Scholar™ Academic Journal
- Magellan Healthcare Hosts Webinars in Support of BIPOC Mental Health Awareness Month in July
- DaveTheNurse Hosts Webinar June 22: The Home Care Business Boom - How to Capitalize on It!
PHOENIX — Governor Doug Ducey and Sonora Governor Claudia Pavlovich capped their close, six-year professional relationship today by signing an agreement to secure the neighboring states' water future and expand collaboration to monitor air quality.
Meeting for the last time before Governor Pavlovich leaves office in September, the Governors also participated in a "fireside chat" where they discussed economic growth, public safety and the importance of maintaining strong binational ties between Arizona and Sonora.
"It has been my honor to work with Governor Pavlovich over the past six years, and I'm glad to call her a friend and a partner," Governor Ducey said. "Thanks to her leadership, Arizona and Sonora have shown what can be achieved when you chart a course and lead with vision."
The agreement signed by the Governors is the result of extensive negotiations between representatives of Arizona and Sonora serving on the Arizona-Mexico Commission (AMC), a cross-border non-profit organization aimed at strengthening the relationship between the neighboring states. Known as a Memorandum of Understanding, the agreement includes studying opportunities for desalination, the process to remove salt and other minerals from water so it can be made drinkable.
More on The Arizonar
- EclecticIQ launches new platform and vision that re-imagines how threat intelligence is used in cyber defense
- Norton Special Report Finds Young Americans Are Twice as Likely to Cyber Stalk
- Pinnacle West Declares Quarterly Dividend
- Cryptsoft's KMIP technology strengthens security in Networked Energy Services' Advanced Metering Infrastructure solutions
- WebPT's Year of Innovation Ushers in Next-Level Growth
The professional partnership forged between Governors Ducey and Pavlovich stretches back to their first meeting in July 2015, and has remained solid through multiple changes in leadership at the national level in both Washington and Mexico City.
"It's well known that opportunities are open and growing in the Arizona-Sonora region, and it's thanks to the strong cross-border relationship and our common goal of economic prosperity," said Governor Ducey. "It's our duty to lay groundwork for the generations of people that will live here after us. I'm proud to sign a Memorandum of Understanding with Governor Pavlovich today to do just that by protecting our water and air quality future."
Governor Pavlovich, the first woman to serve as the leader of Sonora, echoed those sentiments.
"The strong relationship between Arizona and Sonora has created jobs, enhanced trade and improved public safety," said Governor Pavlovich. "I am grateful to Governor Ducey for prioritizing this partnership, and for focusing on key issues that benefit both Arizona and Sonora."
During today's meeting, the Governors also met with members of the AMC and its 16 binational committees to discuss innovative measures to tackle issues facing the region and upcoming projects.
Latest on The Arizonar
- Fund Street Technologies Brand Named One of Florida's 'Best Companies To Work For' for the 2nd Time
- RealTrends + Tom Ferry Announce 2021 America's Best Real Estate Professionals List 16th Annual Real Estate Ranking
- Autism's Got Talent Announces the 2nd Annual On-Line Talent Fundraiser Competition
- Restoration Builders Announces Hire of New Director of Human Resources
- Magellan Healthcare and Invo Healthcare Announce Value-Based Care Collaboration Focused on Improved Autism Outcomes
- Arizona: Governor Ducey Statement On Senate Passage Of Historic Budget
- Universal Electronics Inc. to Provide Voice-Enabled Android TV Remotes and QuickSet® Technologies to Claro Colombia
- Top Executive from Under Armour Joins CEO Coaching International®
- OnePoint Patient Care Expanding Its Local Pharmacy Model to Meet Growing Demand
- TycoonInvest Launches Platform for the General Public to Invest in Startups and Small Businesses
- The National Association of Collegiate Esports Partners with Fair-Play Corporation
- Telgian CEO James W. Tomes tapped for Arizona Sustainability Alliance Board of Directors
- Itero Group, LLC, Announces Leadership Addition to Salesforce Practice
- Nextiva Appoints Marc Stein — Former Executive from Adobe and Splunk — as Global Channel Chief
- Amesbury Elementary School Contract Awarded to CTA Construction Managers
- Master Agent Bridgepointe Joins The Evolve IP Partner Program
- Women-Led Fintech, Pasito, Welcomes Julie Scotland as Co-Founder and CMO
- Most Active New Venture Capital Firms Globally 2021 Released at F50 Global Capital Summit
- Wohler adds HDR detection and releases Dolby decoding option for their iVAM1-3 & 2-2 AV monitors
- Beacon Launches New Universe Scrubber That Improves Program Data Accuracy and Increases Audit Success