"Arizonans are uniting around USMCA," said Governor Ducey. "I am grateful to President Crow, President Cheng and President Robbins for their leadership on this issue. Ratifying USMCA will help us continue to strengthen our partnership with Mexico, Arizona's number one trading partner, and Canada, bringing more jobs, trade and opportunities to Arizona."
"The USMCA is a truly 21st century trade agreement that provides the proper framework for Arizona and Mexico to deepen our mutually beneficial ties," said Arizona State University President Michael Crow. "Today, more than ever, it is in the best interest in Arizona that we recommit to closer ties with our neighbors and build a better shared future by ratifying USMCA."
More on The Arizonar
- Jeff Gorden, CCIM of Eagle Commercial Realty Services Arrange Sale of Land at Higley and Thomas
- Lennar Voted Best New Home Developer at the 2019 Reader's Choice Awards
- RedLine Athletics Announces the Grand Opening for its Keller, Texas Location
- Walls & Ceilings Magazine Names Paul Johnson Drywall To Its 2019 Top 50 Contractors List For Fifth Consecutive Year
- Hispanic Community Key To Arizona's Economic Prosperity
"This is a critical time for universities, businesses, nonprofits and all sectors within Arizona to increase collaboration with Mexico and Canada for the advancement of Arizona communities," said Northern Arizona University President Cheng. "The USMCA represents an important evolution of North American free trade and will bring about greater prosperity throughout the region."
"Arizona owes much of its prosperity to the trade and relationships with Mexico and Canada that its people have developed over many generations," said University of Arizona President Robbins. "It is time to reaffirm the importance of those historic economic, cultural and social ties and renew economic integration of North America's three nations through ratification of the USMCA."
For a signed copy of Arizona State University President Crow's letter, click HERE.
For a signed copy of Northern Arizona University President Cheng's letter, click HERE.
More on The Arizonar
- BOMANI Cold Buzz™ Announces Partnership with Integrity Wellness Brands
- Attorney Chase Howard Joins Florida Healthcare Law Firm
- National Event for Singles Launches
- CivicScience Names Jack Randall as Chief Commercial Officer
- Cadence Living and Ryan Companies Complete Acoya Mesa
For a signed copy of University of Arizona President Robbins's letter, click HERE.
Arizona's trade with Canada and Mexico supports more than 228,000 jobs and more than $20 billion in combined total trade. The United States-Mexico-Canada Agreement updates the existing trade framework and offers certainty for future investment in North America.
Earlier this year, Governor Ducey wrote a letter to Arizona's congressional delegation reiterating his support for the ratification of USMCA. More information about the agreement and its potential benefits for Arizona can be found at www.usmcanow.org.
Latest on The Arizonar
- WIFA Closes $6.2 Million Loan With the City of Peoria
- Scottsdale Philharmonic announces programs for fall concerts
- Mobile Cannabis Lounge Tours Land in Los Angeles
- REV•1 Engineering® Takes Early Phase Medical Device Development To The Next Level
- Paul Romer, Nobel Prize Recipient for Economic Sciences, joins Worldwide Speakers Group
- New World Record Efficiency with Flexible CIGS Solar Cell
- The Pet Gal Named One of Top Austin Area Women-Owned Businesses for 2018 Total Revenue
- Habitu8 Named Official Video Partner for National Cyber Security Awareness Month
- Spreading Free Smiles: Dental Clinic. Costa Family & Cosmetic Dentistry
- The Relevancy Group releases The Relevancy Ring 2019 Customer Data Platform (CDP) Buyer's Guide
- PiCAN3 CAN Bus HAT for Raspberry Pi 4 with 3A Power Supply And Real-Time Clock
- Custom Pak Solutions doubles down as your All-in-One System Integrator of Packaging Solutions
- The Patient Activation Measure® (PAM®) Assessment to be Incorporated into Select CMS Alternative Payment Models
- AutoQuotes Appoints New Chief Financial Officer
- Work 365 Offers New, Simplified Provisioning for Microsoft Indirect Partners
- A Crisis of Faith in America Has Led to Bold & Crazy Faith
- M Accelerator and Black Dog Venture Partners form Strategic Partnership to Accelerate Foreign Startups entering the US Market
- Arizona One Of Nine States Awarded Multimillion Dollar Maternal Health Innovation Grant
- McCarthy Building Companies Hires Russell Hulse as Business Development Manager
- Renowned RFID Expert Joins ELATEC as Innovation Manager