- University of Phoenix College of Doctoral Studies Releases the Newest Edition of the Phoenix Scholar™ Academic Journal
- Magellan Healthcare Hosts Webinars in Support of BIPOC Mental Health Awareness Month in July
- DaveTheNurse Hosts Webinar June 22: The Home Care Business Boom - How to Capitalize on It!
ATLIS is creating Z-fold, tabless prismatic cells and is taking a unique approach to the battery management system. The ability to charge in less than 15 minutes requires getting electrons into a battery quickly and managing thermal loads. ATLIS cells are heated to a high temperature at the beginning of the charge to prevent dendrites, lithium formations that can grow inside the battery and cause cell failure, then cooled rapidly at the end to increase life of the cell.
Partnering with Clemson University in a three-year master research agreement, ATLIS has been conducting extensive research at the Clemson Nanomaterials Institute (CNI) with CNI founder and director Apparao Rao and his team. Unlike existing cell designs, the ATLIS cells utilize custom coatings to strike a balance between energy and power and will be scaled to fit a variety of vehicle classes. These coatings, coupled with a special mechanical construction, will lead to optimized energy capacity and reduced charging time.
More on The Arizonar
- EclecticIQ launches new platform and vision that re-imagines how threat intelligence is used in cyber defense
- Norton Special Report Finds Young Americans Are Twice as Likely to Cyber Stalk
- Pinnacle West Declares Quarterly Dividend
- Cryptsoft's KMIP technology strengthens security in Networked Energy Services' Advanced Metering Infrastructure solutions
- WebPT's Year of Innovation Ushers in Next-Level Growth
- Chemistry: Nickel Magnesium Cobalt (NMC)
- Low cobalt utilization
- Tabless anode and cathode prismatic design
- Proprietary construction for optimal thermal performance
- Size: 32Ah
- Energy density: Greater than 500Wh/L
- 2,000 rapid charge cycles
- Designed for high duty, cycle heavy duty use cases
"We have reached a new milestone this week with the production of our AMV battery cells and this is the first cell designed specifically for the automotive industry," said ATLIS CEO Mark Hanchett. "Over the next few months, we will begin the testing and validation phase as we look to commercially launch the AMV cell with our partners in Q4 2021."
ATLIS plans to produce all cells needed to power its electric work trucks that will debut in late 2022. However, the company also sees a path to help create a more robust U.S.- based battery supply chain and has plans to source to a variety of companies within the transportation industry.
"We know battery development will be critical in the coming years as interest in electric vehicles increases," said Annie Pratt, president, ATLIS Motor Vehicles. "By building battery cells in-house, ATLIS is securing its own battery supply chain while also providing ultra-fast charging batteries to companies in niche markets who are currently struggling to secure their own supply from top battery suppliers."
More on The Arizonar
- Syxsense Extends Enterprise Integration with Secure API
- Hoping They 'Stay' In Summer Hill's New Release
- Media Advisory: Visiquest Properties LLC Announces Revitalization and New Construction of 59 EVERGREEN APARTMENTS
- From Berkshire to Hollywood: 1950s Style Seamed Stockings by Retro Lingerie Brand What Katie Did
- Michael Kolbrener Awarded Prestigious "Premier Luxury Marketing Consultant" Certification
About ATLIS Motor Vehicles
ATLIS is a mobility technology company developing products that will power work. The ATLIS innovators are building an electric vehicle technology platform for heavy and light duty work trucks used in the agriculture, service, utility, and construction industries. To meet the towing and payload capabilities of legacy diesel-powered vehicles, ATLIS is developing proprietary battery technology and a modular system architecture capable of scaling to meet the specific needs of the all-electric vehicle. For more information, visit www.atlismotorvehicles.com.
SOURCE ATLIS Motor Vehicles
Filed Under: Business
Latest on The Arizonar
- Master Agent Bridgepointe Joins The Evolve IP Partner Program
- Women-Led Fintech, Pasito, Welcomes Julie Scotland as Co-Founder and CMO
- Most Active New Venture Capital Firms Globally 2021 Released at F50 Global Capital Summit
- Wohler adds HDR detection and releases Dolby decoding option for their iVAM1-3 & 2-2 AV monitors
- Beacon Launches New Universe Scrubber That Improves Program Data Accuracy and Increases Audit Success
- Microchip Boosts Gallium Nitride (GaN) Radio Frequency (RF) Portfolio with Ka-band Monolithic Microwave Integrated Circuit (MMIC) with High Linearity for SatCom Terminals
- Arizona: Governor Doug Ducey Announces $2 Million In State Funding To Restart Tucson Water Treatment Plant
- Barrett-Jackson's Las Vegas Auction Soars with Record $48 Million in Sales, Historic Collector Car NFT Sale and Celebrity Guests, Including "Mr. Las Vegas" Wayne Newton
- American University of Antigua College of Medicine Signs Progression Agreement with University of South Wales
- TVSFlashbackNetwork.Com Adds Mod Squad to Color Classic TV Post Cable Network on WatchYour.TV
- Elevation Secures Series A Funding After Strong Growth
- MissTraders Entrepreneurship Awards Banquet
- Kitchen Products Pro: The New Online Shop for Must-Have Kitchenware for Home Cooks
- New Adult Crypto Co. MEINU Teams Up with Webcam Superstars to Launch New Coin!
- Cummings Graduate Institute for Behavioral Health Studies Certificate Programs Now VA Education Benefits Eligible
- Work 365 announces integration with Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central for subscription billing and invoicing
- 8th Annual American Reality Television Awards – Presenters & Appearances
- Ismail Sirdah on What to Prioritize When Hosting an Event
- Arizona: Governor Ducey Signs $100 Million Bipartisan Wildfire Relief Package
- NBC 6 South Florida Honors Fatherhood Task Force Fathers On Behalf of New Kevin Hart Film, Fatherhood