As part of these commitments, over $320 million—including $130 million from the Fiscal Year 2020 budget—will fund efforts to widen Interstate-17 to three lanes along 15 miles between Anthem and Black Canyon City and build an 8-mile system of controlled flex lanes on the grade between Black Canyon City and Sunset Point.
The budget also includes $95.3 million for targeted projects to improve safety and economic development. Those investments include:
- $28 million to widen a two-lane section of U.S. 95 in Yuma to five lanes;
More on The Arizonar
- Los Angeles Based, 8th Floor LLC & ChildFaceMask.com Give Back to the Community While Protecting Children from COVID-19, Viruses, Allergies, & more
- List2u offers proven Tactical Marketing program to Telehealth
- OCI Announces Appointment of Dr. Luke Matranga, Former President of Academy of General Dentistry, to OCI Dental Advisory Board
- Limitless Herbal Ltd Closes on Multi-Million Dollar CBD Deal
- If One Cell Phone is Risky, How About One Hundred Phones in a Tight Area?
$20 million to help the City of Kingman build two traffic interchanges off of Interstate-40;
$18 million to distribute to cities and towns;
$10 million to improve and maintain local airports;
$10 million for an Environmental Assessment and Design Concept Review to widen the Interstate-10 from Phoenix to Casa Grande through the Gila River Indian Community;
$6.5 million for construction on an elevated highway lane on State Route 24 to cross Ellsworth Rd;
And $2.8 million to repair Jesse Hayes Road Bridge in Globe.
The Fiscal Year 2020 budget also allocates $3 million in new funding for the Arizona Rural Broadband Development Grant, which will support planning and deployment of broadband infrastructure in rural communities. Ensuring rural communities have access to high-speed internet is essential for accelerating economic development and providing 21st century education opportunities.
Grant applications must be submitted by October 28. For more information, click HERE.
Latest on The Arizonar
- STARK Industries, LLC Awarded NASA JPL - VITAL Ventilator Manufacturing License to Combat the Global COVID-19 Crisis
- New Book: Capitalism Doesn't Fail
- Evolve IP Offers Rapid Deployment of Desktop as a Service to Ingram Micro Partners
- 626 acquires the assets of Innovatus CR and DR Business. The World Slows Down. We Move Faster
- R+M Development Closes on Refinance of Student Housing Project Amidst Pandemic
- Teenage mariachi ensemble records album during pandemic, keeping social distancing guidelines
- Getman Takes his Popular Book Fairs into the Virtual World Transforming the Way Buyers Meet Sellers of Rare Books, Maps, Prints and Ephemera
- Teleroute, Part of Alpega Group, launches an API Interface and a new Mobile App to help their growing number of customers work even more efficiently
- Space Cadet Launches A Flower Sniffer's Book Of Paper Craft to Ward off Boredom Better Than Binging TV
- Patients Need to Choose Whether to Take Hydroxychloroquine, States the Association of American Physicians & Surgeons (AAPS)
- Launching OneQuantum LLC the Quantum Tech startup community
- OrPro Therapeutics Advances a New Inhalation Treatment Approach for COVID-19
- Elementary School Teacher Earns Doctorate of Education Degree
- Omy de Oro 'The King of Punchlines' signs with Caroline, becomes first Puerto Rican artist to release a solo dembow track 'Cash'
- NS4ed Customizes District Market Needs for Nebraska Schools
- CEO Coaching International Congratulates Fintech Startup Client Airfox on Acquisition by Retail Giant
- Art of Brooklyn Film Fest Powers Interactive Digital Edition with New Tech
- Author Matthew Neill Davis Relaunches "The Art of Preventing Stupid", 99¢ on Amazon Kindle - One week only
- Pirate Chain Creates Worlds First Z to Z-only Mobile Wallet
- INI and CTIntegrations Create Secure Payment Solution