As part of these commitments, over $320 million—including $130 million from the Fiscal Year 2020 budget—will fund efforts to widen Interstate-17 to three lanes along 15 miles between Anthem and Black Canyon City and build an 8-mile system of controlled flex lanes on the grade between Black Canyon City and Sunset Point.
The budget also includes $95.3 million for targeted projects to improve safety and economic development. Those investments include:
- $28 million to widen a two-lane section of U.S. 95 in Yuma to five lanes;
More on The Arizonar
- Conseal Carry Now: Functional & Convenient Concealed Carry Products
- Voya Equity Closed End Funds Declare Distributions
- Connected Real Estate Summit Launched in Partnership with the #TechSuperShow 2020 in Florida
- Desert Foothills Theater announces productions, events for December and January
- Arizona Corporate Excellence Awards Lists PADT as one of the Top Private Companies in the State
$20 million to help the City of Kingman build two traffic interchanges off of Interstate-40;
$18 million to distribute to cities and towns;
$10 million to improve and maintain local airports;
$10 million for an Environmental Assessment and Design Concept Review to widen the Interstate-10 from Phoenix to Casa Grande through the Gila River Indian Community;
$6.5 million for construction on an elevated highway lane on State Route 24 to cross Ellsworth Rd;
And $2.8 million to repair Jesse Hayes Road Bridge in Globe.
The Fiscal Year 2020 budget also allocates $3 million in new funding for the Arizona Rural Broadband Development Grant, which will support planning and deployment of broadband infrastructure in rural communities. Ensuring rural communities have access to high-speed internet is essential for accelerating economic development and providing 21st century education opportunities.
Grant applications must be submitted by October 28. For more information, click HERE.
Latest on The Arizonar
- Arizona To Provide Additional Training For School Resource Officers
- Process Technology Wins Respected Fast Track 50 Award!
- Hacking Hollywood Film Summit and Pitch Fest
- Telaeris and Coppernic Partner on Identity Authentication Solution for Europe
- Benchmark Electronics Thailand Facility Earns MedAccred Printed Circuit Board Assembly Accreditation for the Medical Device Industry
- Telaeris et Coppernic s'associent pour fournir une solution d'authentification de l'identité en Europe
- EasyIO introduces a new breed of Building Controller
- Do you love to cook? Eat? master chef tuscan style home for sale
- Arizona Recognizes Native American Heritage Month
- OpsVeda Announces Patent Award
- Ironside Human Resources selected for 2019 Dallas Small Business Excellence Award
- Care on Location Launches Acumentrics Powered Telemedicine Backpack
- Macadamian Recognized in Think Tank ConCeplus' Healthcare Movers 2019 Report on digital transformation in healthcare
- Personal Injury Lawyer Austin DC Law Group
- Arizona: Governor Ducey Celebrates Northrop Grumman's New Campus
- Scottsdale Philharmonic seeks donations, sponsors for 2020 Season
- OCCIDENTAL STUDIOS ALIGNS WITH THE THIRD FLOOR & PRG - Opens A Multi-Stage Digital Media Environment Offering Multiple Production Stages In Hollywood
- Perceivant Offers Consumer Version of re:MIND on Kickstarter
- YOU HAD ME AT IRRESISTIBLE OFFER: Crafting the Perfect Customer Purchase Path with Ezzey
- 83bar Further Expands Global Patient Activation Capabilities