- Global Stock Market / Crypto Crash Before June 17, 2021
- Arizona: Governor Ducey Mother's Day Message
- Registration Now Available for Open Apereo 2021!
"General McGuire's solid leadership and expertise has been critical, especially during the COVID-19 emergency response," said Governor Ducey. "Arizona is grateful for General McGuire's exceptional service to the state and nation."
McGuire has served in the role since 2013. He planned to retire last year but extended his service because of the pandemic. His last day will be April 10.
McGuire is responsible for managing the day-to-day activities of a nearly 8,300-member department, which includes the Arizona's Army and Air National Guard, Joint Programs, and the Division of Emergency Management.
"We have an incredible bench of leaders at DEMA, ready to continue the legacy of selfless service and excellence the agency is known for, serving the citizens of Arizona and the great United States of America," McGuire said. "The last year has been the most humbling and gratifying year of my service to watch the nearly 8,300 soldiers, airmen, and civilians of DEMA prove we are always ready, always there."
More on The Arizonar
- University of Phoenix to Host Webcast Panel on Global Accessibility Awareness Day
- Arizona: Governor Ducey Orders Flags At Half-Staff For National Peace Officers Memorial Day
- @KevinDouglasWright Daily Motivational Quotes on Instagram Helps with Life's Challenges and Reaching Goals
- KB Home Announces the Grand Opening of Oak Park, a New-Home Community in a Popular West Phoenix Location
- Journey Medical Corp Announces New Journey with the Experts Video Featuring Neera Agarwal-Antal, MD
The general's retirement marks the culmination of his nearly 34 years of honorable military service. McGuire received his commission from the United States Air Force Academy in 1987. He attended undergraduate pilot training at Sheppard Air Force Base, Texas, followed by several operational, combat and training assignments in the F-16 Fighting Falcon. He joined the Arizona Air National Guard's 162nd Fighter Wing, Tucson International Airport in 2001 as an F-16 instructor pilot.
In 2010, he commanded the 214th Reconnaissance Group at Davis-Monthan Air Force Base, Arizona, where he flew the MQ-1B Predator and led the unit in combat operations in support of overseas contingencies. Prior to assuming his current duties, he served as the Commander, 162nd Fighter Wing. General McGuire is a Fighter Weapons School Graduate and a command pilot with more than 4,000 flying hours, and 250 combat and combat-support flying hours.
Latest on The Arizonar
- HungMargs Craft Margarita Mix from Delray Beach's TheHungCompany To Launch at First Stop on Jimmy Buffett's Worldwide Tour
- Insight Wins VMware North America 2021 Partner Value Award
- edjuster Field Claims Team Manages Largest Catastrophic Content Claims Event in North America
- BoatBlurb.com Celebrates One Year Anniversary with Record Monthly Traffic
- 26th Annual AfroSolo Arts Festival - Black Voices: Our Stories, Our Lives - June 9-13 and 17-20, 2021
- Back to Eden, Back to Miami Swim Week
- New Use Energy and Footprint Project Launch Second-Life Solar Initiative to Advance Sustainable Energy Access for All
- Governor Ducey Signs Bill Declaring Sierra Vista As The Hummingbird Capital Of Arizona
- MBK Senior Living Annouces Promotion of Engle and Hill
- CELLULARONE® Launches Emergency Mobile Broadband Data Plans with Unlimited Data and Smartphone Tethering to help Struggling Households Stay Connected with Free Wireless Internet
- Michael Johnson Performance chooses Mondo for training center tracks and weight room flooring
- Evolve IP Offers Occupancy-Based Pricing For Hospitality Industry
- Nanometrics Awarded $10 Million US Government Contract to Upgrade its International Seismic Monitoring Network
- Announcing "My Way Your Way Our Way", Bashiri Johnson's New Video & Single released on Life In Rhythm Media
- ON Semiconductor Announces Pricing of Private Offering of $700 Million of 0% Convertible Senior Notes
- Governor Ducey Signs Legislation To Further Protect Arizona Voters
- Insight to Present at the 49th Annual J.P. Morgan Global Technology, Media and Communications Conference
- Arizona: Governor Ducey, 19 Other Governors Call On Biden-Harris White House To End Border Crisis
- Walter Art Gallery to Debut "Revealing Resonance," a solo show of works by Bela Fidel
- Food & Beverage Packaging Redefined: The Chill-Can® & 5 Liter Keg Just The Beginning For Innovation Team At Joseph Company International, Inc