PHOENIX — Governor Doug Ducey today met with firefighters who serve on wildfire crews from around the state to thank them for their dedicated work to protect Arizona residents, pets and infrastructure this year. Since the start of 2019, Arizona wildland firefighters have battled approximately 1,700 fires that consumed more than 355,000 acres. In total, the state's wildland fire hand crews have logged more than 67,000 hours working to protect lives and property around the state.
"Arizona is so grateful to the brave firefighters and first responders who work tirelessly to keep us safe," said Governor Ducey. "During higher times of wildfire activity, wildland firefighters protected Arizonans from several significant threats including the Museum Fire near Flagstaff and the Woodbury Fire in the Superstition Mountains— the fifth-largest fire in Arizona history. These heroic firefighters and first responders put their lives on the line to keep others safe, and Arizona is deeply grateful."
More on The Arizonar
- Telaeris and Coppernic Partner on Identity Authentication Solution for Europe
- Benchmark Electronics Thailand Facility Earns MedAccred Printed Circuit Board Assembly Accreditation for the Medical Device Industry
- Telaeris et Coppernic s'associent pour fournir une solution d'authentification de l'identité en Europe
- EasyIO introduces a new breed of Building Controller
- Do you love to cook? Eat? master chef tuscan style home for sale
Crews that met with the governor today include the Superstition Fire Crew and the Lewis Fire Crew — two Department of Corrections crews that together logged more than 7,000 hours battling wildfires this year. The inmates who serve in the Superstition Fire Crew are from the Arizona State Prison Complex - Florence and the inmates who serve in the Lewis Fire Crew are from the Arizona State Prison Complex - Lewis.
Currently, 12 engine crews representing roughly 50 personnel from Arizona are deployed to California to assist wildfire suppression efforts there.
Latest on The Arizonar
- Personal Injury Lawyer Austin DC Law Group
- Arizona: Governor Ducey Celebrates Northrop Grumman's New Campus
- Scottsdale Philharmonic seeks donations, sponsors for 2020 Season
- OCCIDENTAL STUDIOS ALIGNS WITH THE THIRD FLOOR & PRG - Opens A Multi-Stage Digital Media Environment Offering Multiple Production Stages In Hollywood
- Perceivant Offers Consumer Version of re:MIND on Kickstarter
- YOU HAD ME AT IRRESISTIBLE OFFER: Crafting the Perfect Customer Purchase Path with Ezzey
- 83bar Further Expands Global Patient Activation Capabilities
- Copper Hospital Bed Study Shows 90% Reduction on HAI Bacteria Counts
- Nutter Home Loans Celebrates the Inclusive Updates to the Sybil Silkwood Nutter Playground
- Celebrate Global Entrepreneurship Week South Florida Presented by Office Depot
- careMESH Launches its HL7® FHIR®-Based Provider Directory in the District of Columbia
- Drug testing clinic introduces one-stop mobile testing, background checks delivered onsite
- Mark Cuban Invests $250k in Matching Dog + People Clothing Business — Dog Threads
- Worldleaders 2019 Sales and Marketing CEO Conference (12/13/2019)
- Menke Celebrates 45 years of Employee Ownership, to Present at the 2019 Employee Owned Conference in Las Vegas
- STFB Inc. Launches SAAS Based ERP System for VAR's, Developers, & Consultants,
- Gov. Murphy, Mayor Fulop & 99 Hudson Panel at Nov 18th Jersey City Summit in 1 Week
- Formnext 2019: DigiFabster expands its Sales & Execution Software Platform to provide 'One-Stop-Shop' solution for manufacturing companies
- Arizona: Governor Ducey's Veterans Day Statement
- How To Qualify The Right Electromechanical Company In Dubai & Abu Dhabi