- University of Phoenix College of Doctoral Studies Releases the Newest Edition of the Phoenix Scholar™ Academic Journal
- Magellan Healthcare Hosts Webinars in Support of BIPOC Mental Health Awareness Month in July
- DaveTheNurse Hosts Webinar June 22: The Home Care Business Boom - How to Capitalize on It!
"Arizona is a national leader when it comes to election integrity and access to the ballot box, and Senate Bill 1485 continues that legacy. In 1992, our state began offering the ability for Arizonans to vote an absentee ballot. Since then, Arizona has continuously improved and refined our election laws — including intuitively renaming 'absentee' voting to 'early' voting — and constantly seeking to strengthen the security and integrity of our elections," the Governor said in a letter explaining his support for the bill.
View a video of the signing HERE.
SB 1485 renames Permanent Early Voting List (PEVL) to Active Early Voting List (AEVL). Under this legislation, if a voter on the AEVL actively votes by mail, they will continue to receive an early ballot. If a voter on the AEVL does not return at least one early ballot over the course of four years (two consecutive primary elections and general elections, and any municipal elections that precede them) the voter will be sent a postcard asking if they still want to receive an early ballot. The county recorder may additionally reach the voter by telephone, text message, or e-mail. Whether a voter opts to remain on the AEVL or not, they remain eligible to request an early ballot or vote in-person, ensuring no voter is ever disenfranchised.
More on The Arizonar
- EclecticIQ launches new platform and vision that re-imagines how threat intelligence is used in cyber defense
- Norton Special Report Finds Young Americans Are Twice as Likely to Cyber Stalk
- Pinnacle West Declares Quarterly Dividend
- Cryptsoft's KMIP technology strengthens security in Networked Energy Services' Advanced Metering Infrastructure solutions
- WebPT's Year of Innovation Ushers in Next-Level Growth
"I am thankful to the Governor and my colleagues for sticking to the facts of my legislation and ignoring the unfounded and inflammatory rhetoric of suppression to recognize the importance of maintaining an accurate voter list to protect the integrity of our elections by reducing the potential for fraud," said Senator Michelle Ugenti-Rita. "Standing with the voters and their desire for secure elections is paramount to maintaining our form of government. This bill is a modest, but critical step toward restoring confidence in our election system."
Today's signing of Senate Bill 1485 is just one of many actions of the Governor to further protect election integrity in Arizona, including:
Signing of SB 1002 - early voting envelopes; party affiliation (Ugenti-Rita)
Signing of SB 1003 - early voting; signature required; notice (Ugenti-Rita)
Signing of SB 1492 - election law amendments (Shope)
Signing of SB 1497 - ballot measures; proposition 105; disclosure (Ugenti-Rita)
Signing of SB 1530 - early ballots; instructions; undeliverable (Mesnard)
More on The Arizonar
- Syxsense Extends Enterprise Integration with Secure API
- Hoping They 'Stay' In Summer Hill's New Release
- Media Advisory: Visiquest Properties LLC Announces Revitalization and New Construction of 59 EVERGREEN APARTMENTS
- From Berkshire to Hollywood: 1950s Style Seamed Stockings by Retro Lingerie Brand What Katie Did
- Michael Kolbrener Awarded Prestigious "Premier Luxury Marketing Consultant" Certification
Signing of HB 2054 - voter registration database; death records (Kaiser)
Signing of HB 2307 - voting equipment; overvote notice (Kavanagh)
Signing of HB 2308 - recall petitions and elections; revisions (Kavanagh)
Signing of HB 2359 - election equipment; access; locks (Kavanagh)
Signing of HB 2364 - election pamphlet submittals; identification required (Kavanagh)
Signing of HB 2569 - elections; private funding; prohibition (Hoffman)
Veto of HB 2360 - committee; driver license voter registrations (Kavanagh)
View the Governor's signing letter HERE.
Latest on The Arizonar
- Master Agent Bridgepointe Joins The Evolve IP Partner Program
- Women-Led Fintech, Pasito, Welcomes Julie Scotland as Co-Founder and CMO
- Most Active New Venture Capital Firms Globally 2021 Released at F50 Global Capital Summit
- Wohler adds HDR detection and releases Dolby decoding option for their iVAM1-3 & 2-2 AV monitors
- Beacon Launches New Universe Scrubber That Improves Program Data Accuracy and Increases Audit Success
- Microchip Boosts Gallium Nitride (GaN) Radio Frequency (RF) Portfolio with Ka-band Monolithic Microwave Integrated Circuit (MMIC) with High Linearity for SatCom Terminals
- Arizona: Governor Doug Ducey Announces $2 Million In State Funding To Restart Tucson Water Treatment Plant
- Barrett-Jackson's Las Vegas Auction Soars with Record $48 Million in Sales, Historic Collector Car NFT Sale and Celebrity Guests, Including "Mr. Las Vegas" Wayne Newton
- American University of Antigua College of Medicine Signs Progression Agreement with University of South Wales
- TVSFlashbackNetwork.Com Adds Mod Squad to Color Classic TV Post Cable Network on WatchYour.TV
- Elevation Secures Series A Funding After Strong Growth
- MissTraders Entrepreneurship Awards Banquet
- Kitchen Products Pro: The New Online Shop for Must-Have Kitchenware for Home Cooks
- New Adult Crypto Co. MEINU Teams Up with Webcam Superstars to Launch New Coin!
- Cummings Graduate Institute for Behavioral Health Studies Certificate Programs Now VA Education Benefits Eligible
- Work 365 announces integration with Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central for subscription billing and invoicing
- 8th Annual American Reality Television Awards – Presenters & Appearances
- Ismail Sirdah on What to Prioritize When Hosting an Event
- Arizona: Governor Ducey Signs $100 Million Bipartisan Wildfire Relief Package
- NBC 6 South Florida Honors Fatherhood Task Force Fathers On Behalf of New Kevin Hart Film, Fatherhood