- Axon Appoints Andrea James as Chief Communications Officer
- Arizona Students Spend the School Day Learning About American Civics
- Murals Celebrate Mesa's Asian District's Cultures, Commerce and Community
A 2021 West Monroe poll found that the average consumer spends $273 per month on subscription services, up 15 percent from 2018. The same survey revealed that an overwhelming 89 percent of participants underestimated what they spent each month.
Compared to top-market e-book and audiobook services, in 2021, Mesa Library saved its customers an estimated $10,496,959 - and that's only a few of the many digital services available. From listening to audiobooks and music to reading e-books, magazines and newspapers to watching videos, it is all available for free through the Library.
"We are proud to offer so many free resources to fit the needs and interests of our patrons and encourage cardholders to take advantage of them. The average consumer spends hundreds of dollars on subscription services each month. That's money our members can save by getting a free library card," said Mesa Library Director Polly Bonnett.
More on The Arizonar
- Western Alliance Bancorporation Releases 2022 Corporate Responsibility Report
- University of Phoenix College of Doctoral Studies Announces 2022 Dissertation of the Year Winners
- Ironside Human Resources Announces Office Expansion Due to Rapid Growth
- InventHelp Inventor Develops New Audio Ear Buds (PHO-2438)
- Evangeline M. Mitchell Named as the Recipient of the Bar Association of DC's 150th Anniversary Presidential Award
In addition to accessing free library materials, cardholders can save money by:
Borrowing, rather than buying, items like cake pans and telescopes from our Stuffbrary
Starting a home garden with free seeds from our Seed Library.
Checking out a TrickleStar Plug-in Energy Monitor to analyze household appliance and electronic use.
Learning new skills with LinkedIn Learning
Getting a Culture Pass for access to participating museums.
In celebration of National Library Card Sign-Up Month, a Mesa Library card will unlock special deals at more than 40 participating Mesa businesses in September. Get discounts on food, retail, services and more. A list of participating businesses is available at www.mesalibrary.org/save.
Mesa Library cards are free for anyone who lives, works, attends school or owns property in Maricopa County. Visit a location or apply online at www.mesalibrary.org/getacard.
Lost cards can be replaced for free during National Library Card Sign-Up Month, usually a two-dollar charge, as long as there are no fees on the account. In 2020, Mesa followed a local and national trend of libraries eliminating overdue fines.
For more information about Mesa Library's free digital resources, physical locations and programs, visit www.mesalibrary.org.
Latest on The Arizonar
- GreenPromoCode.com Announces Huge Black Friday Promo Codes, Coupons & Deals
- PODS® Tucson Eases the Transition of "Shared Living" Amongst Elderly Family Members
- Western Alliance Ranks #1 Among Banks Above $50B by American Banker
- Celebrate Pop Culture at Mesa Library's First Fandom Event
- Panoramic Voices' 25th Anniversary Season Commences October 16
- Vegas shooting survivor continues remarkable recovery five years later
- Carvana Offers Co-Signer Financing in Philadelphia
- Arizona's Lowest Flat Tax in Nation To Take Effect Next Year
- Dynamic Design Solutions Announces Best Sales Year on Record in Back-to-Back Fiscal Years
- Sydney Brachytherapy Group is the first private non-melanoma skin cancer clinic in Sydney to offer OncoBeta's Rhenium-SCT
- PermaTherm Announces Panels Delivered Quickly Program
- ASI Hosts 24th Annual iNNOVATIONS Conference and Announces Award Winners
- Align Technology's Next Generation Invisalign Virtual Care AI-assisted Remote Monitoring Solution Automates and Streamlines Practice Workflows
- Hundreds Walk For Recovery, Jobs A Solution
- The World's First Stuttering Mentalist - Johnathan Smith Is A Story Of Determination And Hard Work
- Kilimanjaro Sunrise Launches 2024 Kilimanjaro Group Climb Dates
- Scottsdale Philharmonic to Open Season Oct. 9 under Direction of Full-time, World-class Conductor
- onsemi Launches Automotive Silicon Carbide-Based Power Module Trio for On-Board Chargers
- BEAR Technologies Successfully Completes 2022 SOC 2 Type II Audit
- Exterro Launches FTK® Suite 7.6, Introducing Mobile Parsing, Automation Capabilities, And Industry-First Remote Endpoint Triage