- Axon Appoints Andrea James as Chief Communications Officer
- Arizona Students Spend the School Day Learning About American Civics
- Murals Celebrate Mesa's Asian District's Cultures, Commerce and Community
"We had several excellent candidates, but Mary stood out for her leadership skills and her ability to include many different departments to help achieve the vision and mission when it comes to planning," said City Manager Chris Brady. "She has a very impressive track record at accomplishing goals and projects that improve the overall quality of the community."
Before joining Riverside, Ms. Kopaskie-Brown was the Chief of the Advance Planning Division for San Diego County. She oversaw several important projects, including the County's Climate Action Plan, Community Plan updates and regulation/code updates.
"Mary provides expertise in strategic planning, organization and stakeholder coordination and brings a tremendous amount of experience in many different aspects of planning and development," said Nana Appiah, Mesa Development Services Director. "She will be an outstanding addition to the City of Mesa."
More on The Arizonar
- Western Alliance Bancorporation Releases 2022 Corporate Responsibility Report
- University of Phoenix College of Doctoral Studies Announces 2022 Dissertation of the Year Winners
- Ironside Human Resources Announces Office Expansion Due to Rapid Growth
- InventHelp Inventor Develops New Audio Ear Buds (PHO-2438)
- Evangeline M. Mitchell Named as the Recipient of the Bar Association of DC's 150th Anniversary Presidential Award
Ms. Kopaskie-Brown worked internationally for 12 years in Qatar and the United Arab Emirates. She oversaw the update of the Abu Dhabi Plan 2030, Public Art Master Plan and specific area plans. While abroad, she managed the Seychelles Country Comprehensive Plan, including a downtown redevelopment plan for the Capital City of Victoria.
Before moving abroad, Mary worked with a Buffalo, NY based planning and design firm on projects throughout the U.S. and Canada.
"I am excited to be joining the City of Mesa and looking forward to working with City Council, the City's staff and leadership, the development community, stakeholders and residents," said Ms. Kopaskie-Brown. "Mesa has an excellent reputation and track record in planning, development and innovation, and I am grateful to get the opportunity to be part of it."
Ms. Kopaskie-Brown received her Bachelor of Arts in Geography from State University of New York and Plattsburgh and a Master of Urban Planning from the University of Buffalo. She earned an AICP, which assures the education, experience, breadth of knowledge, ethical practice and commitment to the planning profession as a high-qualified planning professional. She also received a similar certification from the Canadian Institute of Planners.
She will start working for the City of Mesa during the first week of November.
Latest on The Arizonar
- GreenPromoCode.com Announces Huge Black Friday Promo Codes, Coupons & Deals
- PODS® Tucson Eases the Transition of "Shared Living" Amongst Elderly Family Members
- Western Alliance Ranks #1 Among Banks Above $50B by American Banker
- Celebrate Pop Culture at Mesa Library's First Fandom Event
- Panoramic Voices' 25th Anniversary Season Commences October 16
- Vegas shooting survivor continues remarkable recovery five years later
- Carvana Offers Co-Signer Financing in Philadelphia
- Arizona's Lowest Flat Tax in Nation To Take Effect Next Year
- Dynamic Design Solutions Announces Best Sales Year on Record in Back-to-Back Fiscal Years
- Sydney Brachytherapy Group is the first private non-melanoma skin cancer clinic in Sydney to offer OncoBeta's Rhenium-SCT
- PermaTherm Announces Panels Delivered Quickly Program
- ASI Hosts 24th Annual iNNOVATIONS Conference and Announces Award Winners
- Align Technology's Next Generation Invisalign Virtual Care AI-assisted Remote Monitoring Solution Automates and Streamlines Practice Workflows
- Hundreds Walk For Recovery, Jobs A Solution
- The World's First Stuttering Mentalist - Johnathan Smith Is A Story Of Determination And Hard Work
- Kilimanjaro Sunrise Launches 2024 Kilimanjaro Group Climb Dates
- Scottsdale Philharmonic to Open Season Oct. 9 under Direction of Full-time, World-class Conductor
- onsemi Launches Automotive Silicon Carbide-Based Power Module Trio for On-Board Chargers
- BEAR Technologies Successfully Completes 2022 SOC 2 Type II Audit
- Exterro Launches FTK® Suite 7.6, Introducing Mobile Parsing, Automation Capabilities, And Industry-First Remote Endpoint Triage