- Arizona: Governor Hobbs Discusses Jobs, Sustainable Economic Growth, and Partnership with TSMC During Taiwan Visit
- Sparkling Logic Launching Generative AI-Powered Tool for Decision Management
- SHO-TEK Expands Nationwide PMO Consulting Services; Launches Free PMO Assessment Tools
Judge Novell earned her Bachelor in Science and Juris Doctorate at Arizona State University. While in law school, she discovered her passion for working for Arizona's criminal justice system and upon graduation became a prosecutor for the City of Phoenix.
"It is truly an honor to serve the Mesa Community. Being a judge is one of the most direct ways to help people and our community by developing a prescription for success that addresses underlying chronic issues, creating connections to community support and increasing accountability," said Judge Novell.
During her fourteen years as a City of Phoenix prosecutor, she was a Community Prosecutor, Training Attorney, Assistant Bureau Chief, Technology Attorney and an instructor at the Regional Law Enforcement Academy and for the Arizona Prosecuting Attorney's Advisory Council. For her work with the community, the Phoenix restorative courts and numerous technology projects with the Municipal Court, Public Defender's office and law enforcement, she received a record five City of Phoenix Excellence Awards, two Barrister Awards for excellence in trial advocacy and an Outstanding Service on Behalf of Crime Victims Award. Judge Novell has been serving as a Judge Pro Tempore for the City of Chandler Municipal Court since October 2019, the City of Mesa Municipal Court since May 2020, and the Maricopa County Justice Courts since January 2022.
More on The Arizonar
- Heartland Soccer Association and VidSport Launch Groundbreaking Live Streaming Service at Garmin Olathe Soccer Complex
- ICYMI - Mesa College Promise Program Receives $25K from Google Fiber to Support STEM Students
- Krish Radiant Solutions Inc.: Leading the Way in Innovative IT Solutions
- Maryland Sedation Dentistry and Surgical Center Opens in Frederick Maryland
- LokiBots is one of the 35 early-stage Generative AI startups selected for AWS ML Elevate program 2023 cohort
"I have known Judge Novell in a professional capacity for nearly 20 years and have always had the utmost respect and admiration for her knowledge of the law and her professionalism. The City continues to appoint the best and the brightest to our bench. Judge Novell has been a shining star for us as a judge pro tem, and I am thrilled to have her join us as a City Magistrate," said Judge John Tatz, Presiding City Magistrate.
Judge Novell was a regular volunteer at the annual Arizona Veterans StandDown, a member of the State Bar of Arizona Criminal Justice Section Executive Council and vice president of the Maricopa County Public Lawyers Division. She is passionate about problem-solving, innovation and increasing access to justice through technology and expanding our restorative justice courts.
"Judge Novell's attorney and bench experience, coupled with her instructional and technological acumen, will enhance and strengthen the court's mission and values," said Shawn Haught, Mesa Municipal Court Administrator.
Judge Novell was raised by a single mother and graduated from Westwood High School. Judge Novell has been married for 22 years and has a son in high school and a daughter attending Arizona State University. She loves to volunteer at her children's schools and support scouts on their path to Eagle Scout as the Advancement Chair for Troop 283.
Latest on The Arizonar
- The 2023 CGI Integrated Care Conference Explores Opportunities in Healthcare Improvement Discovered as a Result of the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Yerbaé Welcomes Baseball Great Nolan Arenado to Its Team of Investors
- Exploring the World of Web3? Lympid Puts Users Front and Center
- New Weight Loss Ingredient Replaces DMAA and Ephedra Alkaloids
- "Regenerating Life": documentary film challenges current assumptions about climate change
- Mesa Fire and Medical Department Home Safety Device Installation Event
- Arizona: Governor Katie Hobbs Meets with Taiwan President and Other Leaders for Talks on Business, Trade, and Cybersecurity
- Flint's Got Talent Returns To Showcase Creativity In Community
- Autonomous eVTOLs $25 Billion Market by 2030
- Introducing CultureKey® a new take on organizational adaptation & integrated, on-demand leadership
- Global Life Settlement Exchange: Selling a Life Insurance Policy Might be a Better Option Than Letting it Lapse or Surrendering it
- Jiritsu Raises $10.2 Million in Funding to Revolutionize Verifiable Compute
- Heartland Soccer Set to Host Sold Out Midwest All Boys Tournament this Weekend
- Material Capital Partners Completes Exit of The Preserve at Sweetwater, Expands BFR Pipeline in the Southeast
- Tobu Railway Launches Its Latest Model "Spacia X" Express Train with 40% Reduced CO2 Emissions Compared with the Previous Spacia Fleet
- Axiros Launches a New Release of their USP Agent - AXACT 2023.4
- North Carolina Entrepreneur Awarded 2023 Small Business Advocate of the Year By NSBA
- Instant Gourmet Coffee With The Authentic Taste & Refreshing Smell Of Cafe De Olla, Infused With The Wonderful Health Benefits Of Superfoods
- Mesa's 2023 Bike to Books Contest Winners Announced
- Mesa Office of Economic Development Receives International Excellent in Economic Development Awards