- KooKalimba Launches K21A Whale
- Arizona: Governor Katie Hobbs' Office Holds Border Community Listening Sessions
- Mesa Summer Pool Passes are Now on Sale at Special Prices
PLANO, Texas, Feb. 6, 2023 /PRNewswire/ -- PopCorners® Popped-Corn Snack's first Super Bowl commercial revives the most critically acclaimed television show of all time, "Breaking Bad," 10 years after its beloved characters left the airwaves.
"Bringing PopCorners to the Super Bowl stage for the first time is a tremendous moment for a brand on the rise," said Brett O'Brien, chief marketing officer at Frito-Lay North America. "We're showcasing why fans love this air-popped, never fried snack in an exciting and unexpected way through the lens of two characters who could've used their talents to Break Into Something GoodTM."
Released today, PopCorners brought the ad to life in a truly authentic way by teaming up with many of the original cast and crew members from the hit series, including actors Bryan Cranston, Aaron Paul and Raymond Cruz, reprising their roles as Walter White, Jesse Pinkman and Tuco Salamanca, as well as "Breaking Bad" creator, head writer, executive producer and director Vince Gilligan. Inspired by the original "Breaking Bad" storyline, the spot reimagines iconic scenes and incorporates series elements sure to excite superfans, including original set pieces, like the infamous RV and Tuco's wardrobe.
"PopCorners' desire to create a genuine extension of the franchise and a campaign that would really excite 'Breaking Bad' fans is what brought us back for this Super Bowl commercial," said Cranston. "Walt would've been immediately drawn to the basic ingredients in PopCorners, so 'Breaking Good' made perfect sense as an alternate storyline that would've been much better for him and Jesse."
"There's nothing better than getting to revive characters who mean so much to us, surrounded by so many of our original cast and crew members, for the most exciting sports event of the year," said Paul. "We're grateful that PopCorners gave us the perfect opportunity to reunite our 'Breaking Bad' family, especially with a brand that I think is about to become everyone's go-to snack."
"Breaking Good" will premiere on TV during Super Bowl LVII in the first commercial break of the third quarter. In addition to the TVC, PopCorners has released images and two video teasers (here and here) and will release an extended version of the ad online. To follow along with PopCorners on game day, visit TikTok, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube.
More on The Arizonar
- Databloom's Blossom Achieves Faster and More Efficient Big Data Analytics
- Elite Imagined High Net Worth Branding Online Reputation Management Expanding Into Malaysia Market
- Orchard Audio's New PecanPi®+ DAC and Streamer Feature AKM's Latest Flagship Chips
- Country Artist Ashley Wineland to Release Poignant Ballad 'I'm Going Home'; Announces Her 2023 National Tour
- Jennifer S. Wilkov Finalizes Lineup for the 2023 April Speak Up Women Conference
Frito-Lay At the Super Bowl
In addition to the in-game advertisement from PopCorners, Frito-Lay has a second Super Bowl spot from Doritos®. Doritos' in-game commercial encourages fans to TRY ANOTHER ANGLETM. So far, Doritos has released three different teasers (here, here and here).
To celebrate the excitement leading up to the big game, Frito-Lay and PepsiCo Beverages began airing their joint "Road to Super Bowl" commercial during playoffs. The road will end in Phoenix at the on-site activation, Route 57, where consumers can snap a selfie next to the "World's Largest PopCorner," run across the turf at the Cheetos® Motel Touchdown Catch before jumping into a pool of foam Cheetos Puffs, sample bites at the Lay's® Ice Cream Truck, and more.
Tostitos® will also be on the ground in Phoenix to show fans how they can transform their favorite chips and dips from snack-time staples to meal-time MVPs. The brand will launch its first pop-up restaurant, Tost by Tostitos®, to give fans a front row seat to a new and unexpected way to experience Tostitos, the Official Chip and Dip of the NFL. Reservations are currently available for lunch and dinner February 9 - 11 at www.tostbytostitos.com. There is no cost to dine at Tost by Tostitos®.
PopCorners were introduced to the snack category in 2010 and have since expanded to seven delicious flavors. As a tasty, crunchy and wholesome popped-corn snack, PopCorners breaks convention and unlocks snacking possibilities through great taste and simple ingredients. PopCorners' portfolio of snacks is packed with flavor and filled with fun, inviting people everywhere to snack differently. PopCorners are available in stores nationwide as well as online. For more information, please visit www.PopCorners.com, or follow us on TikTok, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube.
More on The Arizonar
- Doug Brownridge Joins STS Capital Partners
- CSC Motorcycles Announces New Twin Cylinder 650cc Sport Touring Model
- Cargill joins Selerant on stage at American Food Innovate 2023
- The In-N-Out Burger Financial Planning Story
- Cash Depot Appoints Tony Gaines as Chief Revenue Officer and Brand Ambassador
About Frito-Lay North America
Frito-Lay North America is the $19 billion convenient foods division of PepsiCo, Inc. (NASDAQ: PEP), which is headquartered in Purchase, NY. Frito-Lay snacks include Lay's and Ruffles potato chips, Doritos and Tostitos tortilla chips and branded dips, Cheetos snacks, Stacy's pita chips, PopCorners pop-corned snack, SunChips multigrain snacks and Fritos corn chips. The company operates 30+ manufacturing facilities across the U.S. and Canada, more than 200 distribution centers and services 315,000 retail customers per week through its direct-store-delivery model. Learn more about Frito-Lay at the corporate website, www.fritolay.com (https://c212.net/c/link/?t=0&l=en&o=3775342-1&h=670224836&u=https%3A%2F%2Fnam12.safelinks.protection.outlook.com%2F%3Furl%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Fprotect-eu.mimecast.com%252Fs%252FSkcOCnYp5HE1NGVuJwP0V%253Fdomain%253Dfritolay.com%26data%3D05%257C01%257CDan.Cohen%2540pepsico.com%257C12eae12822404a08b41208daf98da2f7%257C42cc3295cd0e449cb98e5ce5b560c1d3%257C0%257C0%257C638096683958360067%257CUnknown%257CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%253D%257C3000%257C%257C%257C%26sdata%3DVYWGy2OBMZ%252B6pr6e%252FPwfJJElT32VfyUBxneZb7NJ%252BaU%253D%26reserved%3D0&a=www.fritolay.com), on Twitter (@fritolay), on Instagram (@fritolay) and on Facebook (Frito-Lay).
PepsiCo products are enjoyed by consumers more than one billion times a day in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. PepsiCo generated more than $79 billion in net revenue in 2021, driven by a complementary beverage and convenient foods portfolio that includes Lay's, Doritos, Cheetos, Gatorade, Pepsi-Cola, Mountain Dew, Quaker, and SodaStream. PepsiCo's product portfolio includes a wide range of enjoyable foods and beverages, including many iconic brands that generate more than $1 billion each in estimated annual retail sales.
Guiding PepsiCo is our vision to Be the Global Leader in Beverages and Convenient Foods by Winning with PepsiCo Positive (pep+). pep+ is our strategic end-to-end transformation that puts sustainability and human capital at the center of how we will create value and growth by operating within planetary boundaries and inspiring positive change for planet and people. For more information, visit www.pepsico.com (https://c212.net/c/link/?t=0&l=en&o=3775342-1&h=1109491681&u=https%3A%2F%2Fprotect-eu.mimecast.com%2Fs%2FA2ZSCKYnrH2OvY2ySvz4Tg%3Fdomain%3Dnam12.safelinks.protection.outlook.com&a=www.pepsico.com).
SOURCE Frito-Lay North America
Filed Under: Business
Latest on The Arizonar
- .Store Domains launches Elevate.store – a free-to-use platform for online sellers with deals on business tools
- Alliant International University Announces New Campus and School of Nursing & Health Sciences in Phoenix
- GP GLOBAL GROUP Secures $18M Sale of Shoppes at 41st Street Retail Plaza in Doral, Florida, with $11.5M CMBS Loan Assumption
- HLN's Immunization Calculation Engine (ICE) is continually updated to support new COVID-19 recommendations
- Rewilding Ireland with Lord Dunsany and IrishTrees
- The Tokyo Rebels Announces the Release of Their Groundbreaking Whitepaper
- Arizona: Governor Katie Hobbs Signs Executive Order Prohibiting Race-Based Hair Discrimination
- Armadillos with Benefits™ - PicPocket-Labs, Inc. details its plans/roadmap at SxSW for combining "location-based NFTs" and loyalty programs
- KooKalimba Launches K21A Whale
- Microsoft-Backed HRtech Startup ZingHR Invests In SaaS Startup LokiBots
- World Sleep Day, why do we celebrate?
- HGR Alcohol Detox Centers in San Diego Accepts Most Health Insurances
- Arizona: Governor Katie Hobbs Signs Executive Order Race-Based Prohibiting Hair Discrimination
- ShopCHARLI.com Launches Online Store With a Hot New Spring Collection that Doesn't Miss
- Western Alliance Bank Provides End of Week Update
- Congressman Mark Alford endorsed by Veterans for Trump on his 2024 re-election
- February 2023 Financial Market Review
- Mesa Fire and Medical Department Home Safety Device Installation Event
- Bicycle Sunshade Expands Product Line with Two New Colors
- The Past Reflects A Future - Daniel Imperato 2024 Is Back Again. Which Party?