- University of Phoenix College of Doctoral Studies Releases the Newest Edition of the Phoenix Scholar™ Academic Journal
- Magellan Healthcare Hosts Webinars in Support of BIPOC Mental Health Awareness Month in July
- DaveTheNurse Hosts Webinar June 22: The Home Care Business Boom - How to Capitalize on It!
Governor Ducey will be working with legislative leadership, local communities and state fire professionals on specifics with a goal of convening next week.
"We will spare no expense when it comes to protecting Arizona communities from wildfires," the Governor said. "It's absolutely imperative that we go into this fight prepared. We will continue to put all our efforts towards these fires so we can contain them and prevent any more hurt, loss and suffering in our communities."
The Governor announced the special session during a press conference at High Desert Middle School in Globe, where he, lawmakers and fire fighting officials provided the latest information about the Telegraph and Mescal Fires in Pinal and Gila Counties.
"The men and women fighting these fires are doing an amazing job but we have a lot more to do, and our response won't end when the fires are put out," the Governor added. "When this year's monsoon rains come, these burned areas are prone to floods, landslides and mudslides. We will work with our partners in cities, towns and counties to ensure resources are available to prevent that destruction."
More on The Arizonar
- EclecticIQ launches new platform and vision that re-imagines how threat intelligence is used in cyber defense
- Norton Special Report Finds Young Americans Are Twice as Likely to Cyber Stalk
- Pinnacle West Declares Quarterly Dividend
- Cryptsoft's KMIP technology strengthens security in Networked Energy Services' Advanced Metering Infrastructure solutions
- WebPT's Year of Innovation Ushers in Next-Level Growth
The special session will allow the Governor and the Legislature to secure funding and support needed to keep Arizonans, their property and their pets safe. The resources will help contain current wildfires, wildfires that will potentially arise during the dry Summer months, and possible flooding and other natural disasters that may result from this emergency.
The press conference followed the Governor's aerial tour of the Telegraph Fire, a briefing from fire officials, and a visit to the Red Cross emergency shelter set up at the middle school for those who have been evacuated (including pets).
The Governor was joined by Speaker Rusty Bowers, whose property burned down due to the Telegraph Fire; Representative David Cook and Senator T.J. Shope, who represent central and eastern Pinal County and southern Gila County; Arizona's Adjutant General and Director of the Arizona National Guard Major General Kerry Muehlenbeck; San Carlos Apache Tribe Chairman Terry Rambler; local leaders; and safety and fire officials.
The Telegraph Fire has burned more than 85,300 acres and the Mescal Fire has burned more than 70,000 acres.
Latest on The Arizonar
- Fund Street Technologies Brand Named One of Florida's 'Best Companies To Work For' for the 2nd Time
- RealTrends + Tom Ferry Announce 2021 America's Best Real Estate Professionals List 16th Annual Real Estate Ranking
- Autism's Got Talent Announces the 2nd Annual On-Line Talent Fundraiser Competition
- Restoration Builders Announces Hire of New Director of Human Resources
- Magellan Healthcare and Invo Healthcare Announce Value-Based Care Collaboration Focused on Improved Autism Outcomes
- Arizona: Governor Ducey Statement On Senate Passage Of Historic Budget
- Universal Electronics Inc. to Provide Voice-Enabled Android TV Remotes and QuickSet® Technologies to Claro Colombia
- Top Executive from Under Armour Joins CEO Coaching International®
- OnePoint Patient Care Expanding Its Local Pharmacy Model to Meet Growing Demand
- TycoonInvest Launches Platform for the General Public to Invest in Startups and Small Businesses
- The National Association of Collegiate Esports Partners with Fair-Play Corporation
- Telgian CEO James W. Tomes tapped for Arizona Sustainability Alliance Board of Directors
- Itero Group, LLC, Announces Leadership Addition to Salesforce Practice
- Nextiva Appoints Marc Stein — Former Executive from Adobe and Splunk — as Global Channel Chief
- Amesbury Elementary School Contract Awarded to CTA Construction Managers
- Master Agent Bridgepointe Joins The Evolve IP Partner Program
- Women-Led Fintech, Pasito, Welcomes Julie Scotland as Co-Founder and CMO
- Most Active New Venture Capital Firms Globally 2021 Released at F50 Global Capital Summit
- Wohler adds HDR detection and releases Dolby decoding option for their iVAM1-3 & 2-2 AV monitors
- Beacon Launches New Universe Scrubber That Improves Program Data Accuracy and Increases Audit Success