The Office of Governor Ducey is working to ensure $20 million approved in the fiscal year 2019 budget for additional school counselors, school resource officers (SRO) and social workers gets to schools as quickly as possible.
The FY 2020 budget allows schools to access $20 million in funding for more school counselors and SROs through a grant program administered by the Department of Education. The new dollars were a top priority of Governor Ducey, who proposed the first-ever dedicated funding for school counselors in the FY 2019 executive budget.
When an initial timeline was announced in June indicating the grant dollars would not be distributed until the 2020 school year—resulting in a delay of the additional counselors and school resource officers— the Governor's Office intervened to accelerate the program.
More on The Arizonar
- Phoenix, AZ Makes U.S News & World Report Lists For Best Place To Live AND Best Place To Retire!
- "The Art of Email Security" Book Seeks To Help Companies Improve Their Cybersecurity Culture
- Registration For The Fourth Annual Broccoli City Weekend Conference (#broccolicon2020) May 7-8th Now Open
- Award-Winning VFX Provider FuseFX Expands with New Atlanta Location
- New research shows the majority of business writing isn't successful
Governor's Office staff worked with the Department of Education to ensure the funding will get to the schools as early as possible and offered the support of two executive offices: the Arizona Department of Administration's Office of Grants and Federal Resources and the Government Transformation Office. With the support of these two offices, a new timeline was developed that ensures schools can access these dollars this school year.
Following these meetings, the State Board of Education met again on August 26 and voted unanimously to approve a new timeline that gets these resources to schools faster. Schools can apply for funding beginning Monday, September 16. The dollars will be available for this school year as well as the following three school years.
Latest on The Arizonar
- Cactus League Spring Training Challenge 2020
- SAM9000 AI Project Management App adds Document and Email Management, now available in full release
- Symplast Welcomes Former AtlasKPI Executive Randy Torban as Head of New Practice Analysis Department
- Global Sales Expert and Former Xerox Executive Joins CEO Coaching International
- First Connecticut Office Building Tokenized
- Telliant Systems Expands Digital Software Technology Outreach with Sponsorship at The TAG Summit in Atlanta
- Datavalet And Alpine Growth Partners Launch Growth And Acquisition Strategy With New Ceo
- Troxell-CDI Rebrands with new name-Trox
- Customer Scout Automotive SEO Receives "Highest Rated" DrivingSales Award
- Vālenz Appoints New Chief Executives
- IAOP Releases the 2020 Global Outsourcing 100
- Zezgo Rent A Car today announce the imminent opening of two branches in Jordan as the rollout of the new premium brand
- Amigo Events Announce Traditional Goan Carnival Event in London
- LaTribuna Christian Publishing Reports on The Good News of John 3:16
- Tucson Personal Chef Mike Neylan
- Food brand, Northerly, stirs some social good with give-back program that benefits Arizona food banks
- Heritage Asante Grand Opens February 29
- A.R. Rahman Begins Recording "Hands Around the World" song to fundraise against climate change, in Los Angeles
- Foothills Community Foundation announces March events at the Holland Center
- Califia and the Timeless Sentries Episode II "Legacies" Streaming Now on YouTube!